Damn luck

As I passed by Luffy, walking out the door, the man who sat on the floor with his legs up an his head down desperately needed help.

  "Ace..."

  His left hand was laying behind his nape, while his right arm was dangling from his knee. The feeling of him sitting on the floor, giving off a strong sense of despair had my mind blocked with darkness.

  Slowly, continuing to walk towards his direction, a sharp pain strove through to my heart.

  What was this stinging pain in my heart...?

  Quickly holding my left breast, my vision began to go blurry.

  "U-uh..."

  As son as I took another step towards Ace, my whole body collapsed and everything went blank.

.
.
.
.

Beep Beep Beep

  "Ugh..."

  My mind couldn't process a thing. I was tired and completely drained; My head felt fuzzy and my throat felt disgusting- I didnt feel hungry nor thirsty.

  Scanning the room with the best of my ability's, I noticed that I was in someone's room, more specifically, a patients room.

  Nobody was in here, it was just me an my thoughts.

  I was laying on a white bed with clean white sheets. There was a light brown drawer near the bed that held an illuminated lamp. Next to that lamp was a book. My eyes widened when I saw the book laying on the drawer: the first Twilight book was there, staring back at me, waiting to be held and read.

  I wonder who knew about my obsession over the twilight saga...

  Grabbing the book, caressing the cover, I contemplate about the scenarios in the book.

  "Everything that has happened in this book relates to me somehow... but my deep obsession isn't Edward or vampires..."

  Flipping the cover page, a withered note fell from opening the cover.

  Slowly taking the note, black ink letters written in cursive appeared:

  (Y/n)! This was supposed to be given to you on your birthday but I know you wont be able to wait much longer for this gift. Reading is your happy place, yes?
-Sincerely, your captain.

  Reading every word out loud had my voice crack and my eyes itch.

  Holding the card, my arms began to shiver.

  Before I could begin to sob, a creaking from the other side of the room sounded.

  Averting my gaze from the note, I glare up at the one who opened the door.

  "I see that you're finally awake, (Y/n),"

  Ignoring the fact that Law came in, without waisting a second I ask one of the questions I had in mind since I woke up, "Hey, why is this book here? And why was this note in the book? And what the hell happened to me- like why am I even in here? I-" Quickly closing my lips shut, I knew I was overwhelming the man with questions.

  "Sorry, Law. I'm just confused about all of this..."

  His face turned a soft pink across his cheeks, fighting with his jackets sleeves.

  "Well, that book right there- uhm. Doflamingo placed it there for you to read when you woke up. He said to talk to him after you felt better."

  Taking off the white sheets from my body, I noticed that I barely had any clothes on: it was just my bra and panties.

  "Uh-" I placed the white sheets back ontop of my body, glaring upwards just to see a bright red man on the other side of the room.

  "Hahah, I'm really sorry. I didnt know I barely had any clothes on. I was about to leave, I mean I feel fine right now..."

  I lied to myself; my body was aching and my throat was still sore.

  "I can tell that you're still not feeling well, (Y/n). I mean, your voice cracks every second you speak,"

  I averted my gaze from him, embarrassed.

  "I am not totally sure what happened to your body when you collapsed, though. It was very strange... almost as if it weren't a natural phenomenon," he walked closer to me, sitting himself down on the bed I was laying on, "It's as if something intentionally made you sick. Your pulls was fading, your nose and throat were full of snot, you were cold to the touch... it all didnt seem normal when you were approaching Ace. Do you think you know what caused this?"

  Immediately Knowing what the cause was, my eyebrows began to knit together in fury, "It was most likely my damn devil fruit. Me trying to comfort Ace was the man goal when I walked out of the dinning room, but instead, my devil fruit gave me bad luck, causin me to be where I am now."

  Law's eyes widened for a few seconds, not expecting that to be my response.

  "Well... I wouldn't think a devil fruit would try to cause you harm. You've devoured the luck-luck fruit, correct?"

  "Yes, I did. Many bad things have happened and well, most of the bad and good luck that this fruit has given has damaged me mentally and physically. It also damages the people around me, so I shouldn't stay with you guys for too long."

  The last sentence made Law react quickly, placing his hand on my knee, with my legs crisscrossed.

  "You're not goin to leave us (Y/n). Everyone including me cares about you. I mean, I barely even know you and-"

  He stopped his sentence for a few seconds, which caused him to release his hand from my knee. He grunted with embarrassment but had the courage to continue speaking.

  "Doflamingo is also on this ship, so we'll need you to keep him occupied. you know that I hate him, right? If you didn't know then, well, you know now. I despise him in every way. So if you keep him from talking to me, I'll be able to stay somewhat sane..."

  He smirked at the end of his sentence, which I didn't expect because he barely smiled.

  "Thank you, Law, for taking care of me."

  "No problem."

  The man's gaze switched over to the door.

  "I'll get Ace, he's extremely worried about you."

  He was worried...? Well, no shit. I collapsed right in front of him.

  Watching the man walk out the door, I resumed back to the written note.

  All I could do was give out a big sigh.

  "I don't understand... This is definitely my captains handwriting. I mean I can tell that it is because I was always supposed to keep an eye on his way of wording sentences."

  Oh captain...