A never forgotten sunset

Locks of my (h/c) hair flowed on the side of my left cheek.

I turned to the right, staring at a young boy. This boy had wavy black hair, and beautiful black eyes. My favorite part of him was his freckles.

"Hey, (y/n)..."

I focused on his pupils, "Yah, what's up?"

"Do you think it's stupid to be... well... to want to have freedom?" His face was in the direction of the setting sun. I could tell that he was going to cry; his voice was wavering a little bit.

"Well... it depends on what kind of freedom you want. Is it good or bad?"

He turned to view my face which was still in his direction. "Well, I want to have good freedom, obviously," he said examining my face with worry and anger. "What- do you think I want to be free so that I could go commit murder or something?"

I spat out laughing. "Why of course not silly! I was just making sure!"

He gave out a soft pout, but emitting little anger.

"To answer your question, though... I don't think it's stupid to want to have freedom. Well, freedom is something we should all experience: some are too scared, too greedy, too worried, too naive, too weak, too unloyal... the list goes on. But some people can't have freedom because of their conditions or because of the reasons I've listed. Everybody has a chance of freedom with a crew, though. We have a chance of freedom. You have a chance of freedom, Ace. And if you can't take any chances of becoming free, then you're missing out. You'll regret it one day. Or maybe not. You could start your life early and have children with the one you love the most, or... you can continue living your life in danger until you've seen everything you've ever wanted to see. So, pick your choice. What's it going to be, Ace?"

He stared at me with disbelief. His eyes began to water up.

I was going to cry too because I've been thinking about the same damn question for a while.

I broke down when I saw his lips move.

I couldn't hear him say it but I knew he wanted freedom as much as I did.

I quickly got closer to him and pulled him in for a squeezing hug.

We were both crying, knowing that we wanted the same thing: freedom.

"This is one of the first times that I've actually cried in front of you... and I almost never cry."

I let go of him, thinking about the times he has cried in front of me: zero.

"If we do end up becoming pirates... will you come find me again?"

His eyes began to glycine under the fading sunset.

"Of course... I'll find you and we'll be inseparable."

I glare into his eyes with worry, knowing that my emotions were taking over my body. I loved him dearly.

I wanted to view him as a brother just like Ace did with Sabo and Luffy, but he never pored a glass of sake for me.

"I promise, I will come looking for you when you become a pirate just like me in the future."

We were only two years apart in age.

I trusted him.

I believed him.

I flung my head up from what seemed like the warmest pillow in existence. While flinging my head up, I hit my forehead into a very human like boney structure.

Awwwwwh fuc-

"GOOD RIDDANCE!" The masculine voice boomed while waving his right arm in pain.

"Good lord, I apologize for being in the way. Now why the HELL would you let me lay my head on your lap?!"

He gave me the most exasperated look ever and left the room without a word.

I hate him...

A knock sounded from the other side of the door.

Baby 5 entered with two cups of tea held in each of her hands.

She came in without a peep. She was as quiet as a mouse. I had no clue what to say when she handed me a warm cup of tea.

"U-uhm, it's not poisoned, I promise, haha."

I promise...

"I hate how people always say that they promise others something..."

She glanced at me with pure panic.

"Hey hey! But you're an exception. I know you wouldn't do that. And if you did, I would be blessed knowing that I would die."

I took a sip of my tea, having my left hand hovering under the small cup.

I look into the cup filled with tea. "This is... it's extraordinary! How'd you brew it??"

She first viewed me in disbelieve, as if I've gone crazy, but then she began to blabber on about the things she used for brewing tea, later turning into a different subject, something about the kitchen used in the ship.

All I could do was sit back, listen to her speak, and sip my tea while I contemplated about everything.