23# Arnav

"There's no place for you two in my home, get out," Avinash Raizada, his eyes showing no mercy.

"Please, chacha-Ji, where will we go?" a 14-years-old Arnav pleaded.

"I don't care where you go, just get lost," he screamed at them and when they stood crying still, he dragged them to the gate and threw them on the road without any mercy. All the while, Arnav, and Anjali pleaded with him not to. But he was Avinash Raizada for a reason, he didn't feel a thing for the two.

Arnav's face screamed pain and Anjali cried. They were homeless, over a night. They didn't know what to do. They weren't excepting this. They didn't know they would lose their parents one after another within seconds. They didn't know their lovely family would break into pieces. They didn't know their loving uncle would throw them out. They weren't prepared for the consequences. Well, they were never the cause. So, damn the consequences! They didn't deserve it.

They didn't have any way to contact anyone from his mother's family. Nonetheless, they walk away from Sheesh Mahal. It was one of the friends of his mother who helped him call his Grandmother.

And a few hours later, they were taken away by their grandmother and uncle to their mother's home in Delhi.

They're used to go their grandmother's home during summer vacations. They were fun days. They were such good memorable days.

And now it's not fun anymore. It's not memorable anymore.

They'll never have a mother and father to go back to. A father probably who'd been cheating on their mother and they didn't even know. Such was their world.

Arvind kept it intact. The only thing was that it wasn't permanent.

This was permanent! Their pain and betrayal were permanent. Nothing else, not for now Arnav Singh Raizada. Not a Mallik anymore.

And the realization hit them hard, especially Anjali as she laid her hand on her grandmother's lap crying hard.

Arnav was in his room, it's been a day since their parents have been dead. His Mother is no more. He didn't shed a single tear. He couldn't. Not after what his chacha has done with them.

People are heartless!

It was his conclusion and he shut himself from the people, including himself.

That was the intensity of his pain.

If they aren't able to bear the pain —-especially the pain where they had no role—are they at fault?

Maybe yes! They're humans after all. They should bear the pain. That's what others would expect from you. Life it is and it has ups and downs.

It's time for theirs.

"It's okay."

"I can understand."

"Life it is, be strong."

Once he heard and Arnav never gave them the chance to throw them at him again. He was heartless. He believed he was heartless. That would be his defense mechanism. As that would never complicate him with emotions.

Emotions destroyed his mother and she had to shoot herself.

It shouldn't happen with him. He never let emotions rule him anymore.

Emotions are destruction!

What he didn't know was ignoring the emotion itself is one kind of emotion.

He never gave heed to the people, the people who turned their backs on them when they needed them.

He was heartless! Until one fine day, a bundle of innocence falls in his arms.

He was ruthless with people!

And he had to become a beast once his eyes met hers. For it stirred something in his heart.

Emotions!

He didn't like that. A mere girl of hazels can never disturb him.

It shook him more when she reminded him about the unfortunate incidents at the very same place.

It infuriated him and he so wanted to avenge her for reminding him. For it stirred his emotions as her teary eyes screamed only innocence at him.

He couldn't believe her. His heart wanted to and it only increased his fury.

Nonetheless, he didn't.

Her chapter was finished. He believed so and that comforted him. The beast in him has slept and so were his infuriating thoughts.

But hee had to wake up again, a day later as he bumps into a bundle of white.

She has challenged his beliefs.

A belief that there's no god!

He's the creator of his future.

He's the writer of his destiny.

His ego has been hurt. So, he had to leak their video together.

He was out of sense! His fury ruled him and so was his Ego.

His ego couldn't accept a woman inciting emotions in him.

And the very same woman awoken the monster in him when she was questioning him, standing in his own cabin.

And then he had to show her what can he do.

He let her fall down, knowing she'd not be hurt much, physically.

If that would keep her away from him, it is fine with him to let her fall down.

For she was a threat to the wall he has within his heart.

All he cared about was his own heartless heart which was trying to indicate something.

And he had to shut it and to shut it, he'd have to remove the hazel-eyed bundle from his life.

And that's what he did, his actions would drive her away from him.

And that wasn't what she did. She stood up, now standing in front of him, and challenging him.

It touched his ego and here he is challenging her.

A 15-day contract!

"Welcome to Hell, Miss Gupta," I wanted her to see if she could win me.

She could never!

His confidence.

DeviMayya smiled from above, she hoped it was his confidence indeed. 

To be continued..,

Let me know what you think! 

-polymath_land

-07/10/2022