Chapter 60 - Fake

Author Note:
AHEM! IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO BE THIS FUCKING HOT! HAWKS- OH SORRY, DADDY?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyway, enjoy 😊

Izuku gulped, staring at Pan in disbelief.
He didn't mishear the man. Pan said exactly what Izuku heard.
Kill.... Stain?

Izuku looked down at the floor, the reality suddenly crashing onto him in one massive blow.
Yes, he made that a rule. He made it mandatory for every member of this vigilante club to, upon seeing The Hero Killer: Stain, to attempt to capture him, and upon capture he was sentenced but no one other than Izuku, to torture and death.

He, Izuku Midoriya, the leader of the vigilante club, made that rule.

Izuku sighed, running his hand through his hair.
"Well, it has been made mandatory for every member of this club to .. to kill Stain upon capture, so if I encounter him, I will." Izuku stated, pausing a little because of the straightforwardness, and looked up at Pan, subconsciously digging his nails into his knees under the table.

Izuku wasn't sure of himself.
Would he... be able to? If he really did meet Stain, would he be able to just... end him? Not only physically did Izuku doubt himself, but also mentally.
He should be able to - he's the leader of the vigilante base that fucking made the rule, so he should be the one to be the most confident to follow it.

However something still told him that he won't be able to... kill his used-to-be best friend.
Because that was such a strong word.

Izuku glanced up at Pan after the young man said nothing in reply, and noticed him shaking his head.
Pan looked up at him.
"You misunderstood me." He said, looking Izuku into the eyes.
"I want you to kill Stain."

Izuku froze up, staring at Pan.
Pan sighed. "As in, you go hunting for him and make sure to kill him with your own two hands."

Izuku gulped. He didn't understand how he could say that so plainly.

"Wh-why me?"
Pan looked to the ground.
"Because you're the only one who will know my story."
Izuku raised an eyebrow.
"Huh?"
"You do know that I'm his son, right?"
"Of course, I told you that before."
Pan nodded. "Exactly. That's why I'm going to tell you my story, and you, as his... past best friend.. " he looked Izuku in the eyes again.
"I want you to end him."

Izuku looked away with an annoyed "tch".
"You can't- you can't just say that. Do you understand that- ugh nevermind." Izuku sighed, giving up, and instead leaned back into the couch and folded his arms on his chest, mainly to hide his shaking palms, but Pan got the impression that Izuku was confident.
"Okay... so, mind telling me "your story"." Izuku said, glancing Pan up and down.

Pan nodded, fidgeting with his hands. He took a deep breath and started, looking straight at the floor.
"I... my father was only ever a person in the dark. He never attracted more attention than he needed to, and was careful to make sure that nobody else does for him. Though, I bet you already know that, being who you are." Pan paused, and Izuku didn't say anything, letting the man continue.

"What you don't know, Nightmist, was that my father wasn't heartless." He paused, starting to fidget with his hands. He glanced up at a confused Izuku and immediate started elaborating.
"Well, not always, is what I mean. He... he was human once, too. He felt with his heart, and... and that lead him to my mum." Pan stated, sighing.

Izuku was very intrigued. This was gossiping right? Something that high schoolers do in their free time. It's a weird, twisted way of gossiping, but it still was.