Chapter 42 - Grudge

Warning: slight mention of suicide. Please read carefully.

"No."

"Wh- what do you mean? I haven't even said any-"
"You we're about to offer me your power. My answer is no."

That was how his supposedly good day turned bad.
Izuku noticed that all this time All Might has been spying on him when he's at school. He didn't like it, no, but he felt as if he was above All Might and the man with his actions was proving it. He had been suspecting that All Might will soon propose OFA to him, and today that day has come.

Izuku woke up today in a beautiful mood. He had been training in his new costume for two days straight and till early morning today, so he felt very confident and excited to show off his new skills at the Sports Festival today.
But of course someone had to ruin it.

It just had to be today, huh. Just when Izuku thought he was going to have a good day.

"Young Hazumi please! You won't be able to even compare to the others in the Sports Fedtival without a quirk! You'll hurt yourself!"
Izuku sighed, turning around and glaring at the tall and buff man. He was in his muscle form for god knows why, as he should already know that Izuku knows his secret from that hologram conversation that they had a year or so ago.
Izuku bit his lip to prevent spewing some insult that was totally irrelevant right now and sighed again.
"Look, dear All Might, me and you are on pretty bad terms if you haven't yet noticed so I wouldn't like to be in this conversation any longer. My answer is no and that's final." He stated.

All Might frowned before him, and suddenly poofed back into his small form. Izuku suppressed a laugh at how stupid he looked.
"Young Hazumi.. I would also like to talk about that. May I please know what I did wrong? Why do you act this way with me?"

...
...
...

"I..." Izuku gritted his teeth and looked to the ground, clenching his fists.
He really wanted to tell this motherfucker exactly what he did wrong. He wanted to yell at him, tell him how much All Might ruined his life and how much his small mistake hurt Izuku back then. He wanted to spill out all the anger and pain he has kept all these years from that one moment on the roof at him right now.

But he can't. He can't tell him his real identity.
There is a possibility that All Might won't even remember that little quirkless boy on the rooftop anyway, which more than likely is true, but Izuku can't risk it.

Risks are deadly choices when you're a vigilante.

"I can't tell you." He mumbled, hating the pain that escaped his voice then. He immediately gathered himself up and lifted his head up. "I can't tell you." He repeated, nails digging into his palms as he spoke. "But you'll figure it out some day if you're smart enough."
With that Izuku turned around and left. Without any other words.

All Might didn't know what to do. This definitely didn't go as planned. He got nowhere - didn't figure out what's wrong with the kid, didn't improve their relationship, nor did he make him his successor.

He fucked up.

And judging by how the boy sounded when he said those last words, All Might has stuffed up sometime before as well.
The man let out an exasperated sigh.
"Fuck, teenagers are confusing! Why did I decide that becoming a teacher was a good idea?"
"Because you're an idiot."

All Mights eyes widened as his head snapped to the side.
Out of the shade came out a black figure, the only thing visible was a grey scarf around the figures shoulders. But that was enough to figure out who it was.
"E-Erasurehead?!"
Aizawa walked out from the shade and stopped next to All Might with a sigh.
"Circumstances caused me to accidentally eavesdrop on your conversation." He stated simply, crossing his arms on his chest.
All Might blinked. "Really? O-okay.." he was struck dumb, he admits. What is Erasurehead going to do?