epilogue

Emelie looked back at Hogwarts from where she was standing at the train station to go back home

Emelie looked back at Hogwarts from where she was standing at the train station to go back home. What a year it had been. So many things had happened, but perhaps the most important thing that happened to her was a boy named Cedric Diggory.

"Come on, Emelie, hop in" Hermione waved, already halfway inside the train. She was carrying a jar that contained a small beetle, or as she was most commonly known, Rita Skeeter.

"I can't believe you trapped Rita Skeeter inside a jar as blackmail," Emelie said, trudging along with her luggage.

"I can't either!" Hermione said back. She opened a compartment where Ron and Harry were already sitting.

"Since Emelie called it for the window, here you go". Ron stood up and made sure Emelie took a seat next to the window. Emelie laughed.

"Why thank you" she said, sitting down. The train started pailing with students. Fred and George peeked their heads into the compartment.

"Didn't realize you all were here" Fred said.

"Hello Rita" George teased at the jar. The beetle inside tried to scramble out but Hermione pressed the lid firmly down.

"You two go off, this is already full". So Fred and George went off to another compartment, Ginny trailing behind.

"Can't believe you two made me bring the bigger luggage. Ugh!" she called after the twins. Ron laughed.

"Can't believe she actually carried any luggage at all". Now this made Emelie laugh out loud, the first real laugh she'd ever given since June 24.

On that day, her most trusted friend and partner, Cedric Diggory, had died. While it was true that it had only been a week and a half since his passing, Emelie missed him as much as she missed her childhood.

The train then started moving, the train station and Hagrid disappearing little by little. The only view that didn't disappear was Hogwarts castle. Emelie closed her eyes and tried to imagine that it was the first day of her sixth year so she could relive it all again. Once she opened her eyes, she found Harry talking.

"Who knows what next year will bring?" he said. Hermione agreed and the trio broke out into conversation.

Emelie admired Hogwarts. She thought about everything that happened this year. She couldn't believe it had ended in the blink of an eye. Then again, it was supposed to end and nothing lasts forever, as her mother always said.

She looked at Hogwarts, slowly fading away from her view. She thought of Cedric and how much he'd been such a nice person since she'd first locked eyes with him. There had always been something special about him, always. He wasn't just a Hogwarts student for her. She thought of how kind and loyal he'd been and a tear trickled down her cheek. She'd do it for Cedric. She would make it to infinity.