chapter 17

A week had passed since the champions had been announced which meant that the first task was getting closer by the minute

A week had passed since the champions had been announced which meant that the first task was getting closer by the minute. Harry so far had somewhat a bit of luck, studying the different types of dragons and ways to distract them.

"The Common Welsh Green Dragon can be most commonly known as the Sleeping Dragon..... That means that if I get this dragon and I make it fall asleep, there's a good chance I'll catch the egg", Harry had told her a few days prior while they were studying in the library.

Now Emelie found herself in the courtyard because Harry had told her he had something important to do. Emelie hadn't a clue what trouble he might be getting himself into until she saw him talking to a person whose back was facing her.

Walking around the pillars, Emelie tried to see who the person was only to find that it was Cedric Diggory.

Emelie stopped right there in her tracks. She looked next to her and found Mad-Eye Moody eavesdropping on someone's conversation; finding that peculiar, Emelie stepped a little closer to hear what Cedric was telling Harry.

"About the badges, I've asked them not to wear them", he said, his voice making Emelie's heart race. Harry waved him off and walked over to Emelie. She composed herself, acting as if she hadn't been listening to their conversation.

"I'm back, ready to go?" Harry asked. Emelie nodded.

"Uh, Harry, why were you talking to Cedric?" she asked, her voice cracking a little when she pronounced his name. She hoped Harry hadn't caught that.

"Oh, nothing, just informing him of the task we are set to do", he replied. Emelie shook her head up and down slowly and walked along with Harry back to the common room.

When Emelie and Harry turned up in the common room, Ron stood up from his seat, taking small steps towards Harry.

"Uh, hello", he mumbled. Hermione was glaring at the back of his head as if she'd just put him under the Imperius Curse.

Harry just nodded. Ron sighed and began talking.

"Look, Harry, while I was talking with Hermione, I realized that I am a bit jealous indeed." Harry kept looking at Ron, unfazed.

"Don't give me that look!" Ron protested, "I'm trying to help you here..."

Harry then smirked. "Of course you can help me, you idiot. I'm glad you realized your mistake". Hermione clapped her hands.

"Ah finally! Now, that we've come on good terms, Harry, there's something I'd like to show you". Hermione took a book out of her bag, opening it to a page that had a flap to mark the spot.

She began reading off the book, "The spell Accio is most commonly used for catching or retrieving objects that are far away from the caster such as a quill or a piece of parchment."

Hermione snapped the book shut, continuing to talk.

"I found this highly amusing considering you are battling a dragon. This spell could help retrieve something far away that could possibly distract the dragon you are facing".

"But, Hermione, doesn't it matter what type of dragon Harry gets?" Emelie asked.

"No, I don't think so. Besides, you-" Hermione pointed at Harry, "-could be the only one with this technique in the task". Harry shrugged.

"Let's have at it, I guess", he said somewhat ecstatic. So, the four friends set off to practice the spell.

a/n  i hate that the chapters are so inconsistent.  some of them are short and some are long ugh 😭anyways i hope you're enjoying the story!! i promise there will be more Emelie x Cedric action soon