chapter 35

It had two weeks since the Yule Ball and Emelie and Cedric still hadn't talked to each other, although Emelie had received a letter from him requesting to talk like Fleur had told her

It said:

Dear Emelie,
When you'd like, I would fancy talking to you. Send me a letter back whenever.
x Cedric

It had been sitting on Emelie's desk for a couple days now and as much as she wanted to talk to Cedric, other things were keeping her busy.

The third task was just beginning, Dumbledore leaving stubble clues here and there and Ron and Hermione still weren't on the right terms.

And as for Rita Skeeter's gossip, it wasn't getting any better.

"Malfoy! I'd expel him for sure if I was a teacher. He asked me this morning if I was happy that I had left you, Hermione". Emelie rolled her eyes.

"Malfoy is such a pest. He made a bad joke about the Weasley's the other day, too. Fred looked like he was about to pounce on prey".

Ron seemed to have overheard the conversation because he added his input.

"I mean that's what it looked like. You and Viktor, I mean". Hermione glared at him.

"You're one to talk! Seriously Ron can't you keep your nose in your own situations?". So Ron turned back to his homework.

"Hey Harry, about the third task, anything we know for now?" Emelie asked, trying to change the conversation.

"For now, nothing but I fear it can't be an easy task. It's the last one therefore it must be hard". Emelie couldn't argue with that.

She picked up where she left off on her homework. She was trying to finish her essay for Snape, as usual.

"Alicia? Do you know what the prompt is asking exactly? I've been stuck here for hours".

"I can say the same about myself. Maybe you should go take a walk? It always helps me to refresh my mind a bit", the Gryffindor chaser told her.

Emelie the decided that this was the perfect time. She ran up to her dorm and scribbled a letter to Cedric. She headed down to the Hogwarts grounds and saw Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff also taking a stroll around.

"Hey Hannah!", Emelie called.

"Oh, hello. You're the girl who came to Hufflepuff dorm with Cedric a while ago aren't you?".
Emelie nodded, a sting in her chest.

"Yes, I'm Emelie. I was wondering, could you give this to Cedric if you seem him around?". Hannah took the letter.

"I'll be right on it". She smiled and walked off.

Emelie walked down the marble staircase, out into the courtyard. She stayed there for a bit, chatting up a storm with Katie Bell who was out there exercising her duties as Prefect.

"So you and Cedric didn't go to the ball together after all, did you?".

"No, and it doesn't seem we're friends either. He went with Cho and it... it broke my heart even if he said we're just friends". Katie sighed.

"I know that feeling all too well. It happened with a Muggle on my street in London. Not to mention the fact my parents didn't like me being friends with a Muggle but.. I know how you feel".

"I'm actually going to talk to him. He'd sent me a letter a couple days ago and I sent him one an hour ago" Emelie told Katie.

"Well good luck, Emelie. I wish you and Cedric the best".

"Thank you, Katie?". She smiled, hugged Emelie and walked back to Gryffindor common room.

Emelie decided now that she's walk over to the Hogwarts bridge where she's requested for Cedric to met her. She really hoped and prayed he found her letter and was coming to see her.

Sure enough, as she was looking down at the Black Lake, Emelie heard her name being called

"Hey Em!". It was Cedric. She felt her heart warm when he called her by her nickname.

"Hi Cedric, I take it you read my letter?".

"Um, yes... yes I did". Cedric says. He then took a deep breath and before Emelie had even a chance to open her mouth, he launched into speech.

"Emelie, the reason I wrote to you in the first place was to give you an apology. We haven't really seen each other these past few weeks and I couldn't stand it. I was so caught up with my duty of being a champion that I forgot to cherish what's around me".

Emelie gestured for him to continue as he stopped.

"Anyways, I wanted to talk about the Yule Ball. I saw you, Emelie and every time you looked at me.... i could feel the hurt in your eyes. The only reason I didn't take you was because.... I remembered how you said you didn't like being the center of attention when we had a picnic. So I took Cho instead because she told me she didn't have a date and I felt bad to refuse."

Emelie gasped. He'd remembered. He remembered what she'd said. It would seem like such a small deal for someone else but it meant the world to Emelie.

"And that's it really. That's all I wanted to say".

Emelie took a good look at him and realized how genuine his apology was, how sincere he seemed.

"I accept your apology Cedric". Cedric let out a breath of relief.

"So i'm guessing this means we could go back to being friends?". Emelie's stomach dropped.

"Oh, um, yes... friends". Cedric smiled affectionately at her.

"Or maybe I could tell you just now that I really wish for us to be more. More than friends". Emelie perked up immediately as if she's been struck by a lighting bolt.

"M-more?", she asked.

Before she could even register what was happening, Cedric leaned in with a smile and soon enough his lips were against hers.

She nearly froze but then kissed him right back. She got closer to him and he hugged her as they kissed.

When they pulled apart, Cedric smiled down at her.

"I guess I'll be seeing you around, Em".

He walked off with a big grin on his face and Emelie decided that today wasn't a bad day at all.

a/n this chapter is long but you know i had to do it for Emelie and Cedric. i hope you're loving them <3