chapter 31

Dance lessons were located in McGonagall's classroom which had now been emptiedand was just a great big dance hall

and was just a great big dance hall.

Girls were on the left side while boys were on the left. It was only Gryffindors which Emelie had been grateful for.

"Very well, everyone is in their seats so let us begin" McGonagall started, "Dancing is very important as it is the main aspect of the Yule Ball. Today, I will be teaching you all the basics of ballroom dancing which I sincerely hope you all will use when the time comes".

"Now, do we have any volunteers? Boys perhaps?".

Every single Gryffindor boy blushed. When no one answered McGonagall she called on someone.

"Weasley, how about we show everyone how to ballroom dance?". Ron, who had been dozing off, was now alert and looked embarrassed.

"Well, Mr. Weasley?" McGonagall urged. Hesitantly, Ron walked towards her.

"Alright, hand on my waist".

"Hand on wh-". Ron didn't get to finish his sentence as McGonagall said firmly, "Hand on my waist".

As Ron placed his hands in the proper place, Fred wisled from the other side. Emelie stifled her laughter as they winked at her.

"Now, when I take a step forward, you will take one step back. This is called a waltz and we will be repeating it while waltzing around or more commonly known as spinning in very gentle, slow circles".

Ron and McGonagall both took to doing their steps and after they did one full waltz, everyone clapped, Ron walking back to his seat with a face as red as his hair.

"It is now time that you all chose a partner, it does now have to be your Yule Ball partner, and dance one waltz. We will be doing this every day leading up to the ball. Chop, chop, now, one full waltz then you will be dismissed".

Emelie got up and went to George, he was the only one that she could dance with after all.

"Shall we dance?" George did a fake bow and took her hand.

"Are you uncomfortable?", he asked when he placed his hand on her waist.

"Oh, no, not at all". The two of them tried to move in perfect sync and while it took them three tries, they finally got it, waltzing together in the middle of the classroom.

Although Emelie wished it was Cedric holding her, she knew George would make her feel better. After all, there's nothing wrong with going with a friend and he'd been so nice to her, she'd feel bad to refuse

"Good, Ms. Fawley and Mr. Weasley. You two are the first to be dismissed".

So, George and Emelie took their bags, making their way up to Gryffindor common room.

"You know, I think we might be the stars of that ballroom floor next week". Emelie snickered, prepared to throw a joke of her own.

"Yeah, only if you remember the steps". They both laughed at that, even George who knew very well I'd probably forget all the steps.