chapter 18

After a week of practicing spells or getting frustrated at the vast amount of homework the teachers were giving despite the tournament kicking off, the big day had arrived

After a week of practicing spells or getting frustrated at the vast amount of homework the teachers were giving despite the tournament kicking off, the big day had arrived. Emelie noticed that in the morning of the first task, Harry looked a bit pale.

"Harry, there's nothing to worry about," Hermione reassured him. "Just do as we practiced and you'll slay the dragon".

"What if something happens though? I'm still underage". Emelie uffed.

"Don't be so pessimistic. Everything will be fine". Harry seemed to relax a bit but deep down, Emelie knew that he was still feeling a bit stiff. Hermione and Ron made sure that

Harry ate a big breakfast as battling a dragon would take a whole lot of effort. Then, after breakfast, Harry headed to the champions tent in the Forbidden Forest to get ready for the task.

"Promise, you'll cheer me on?", he asked.

"Of course", Emelie replied, giving him a hug. She then let him go off and together with Hermione and Ron, she sat down at one of the benches in the courtyard waiting to be dismissed to see the first task.

"Do you think Harry will know what to do?" Hermione asked anxiously.

"Blimey, Hermione, of course he will. You've gone through the ritual about 50 times". Emelie nodded in agreement with Ron.

"Plus, even if he doesn't score first place, at least he tried and that is all that matters". Hermione seemed a bit more reassured after Emelie and Ron's words of comfort. Fred and George soon joined them. They both had boxes with ropes dangling around their necks.

"What is that?" Emelie asked, pointing at the peculiar boxes. They seemed to contain slips of paper but she couldn't be sure.

"Just our gambling booths, see who will win", George said, slyly. "Would you like to place a slip of paper with your guess?".

"No, there's no need", Ron said. And with that Fred and George walked off to the entrance of the Forbidden Forest to see how many people would gamble. Soon enough, Emelie, Ron, and Hermione were also making their way down the steep slope that guided them over to the forest.

The twins were already outside Hagrid's hut screaming out, "Place your bets!" or "Gamble for the winner of the task!". Emelie found it all amusing. Hermione stopped Emelie and Ron as they entered the clearing where stands had been placed around an enormous patch of wood where the dragons were supposed to be.

"I need to go do something" she said, "Wait for me on the stands". Emelie asked Ron what she could possibly be doing but all he did was shrug.

Once upon the stands, Emelie could see all the Beauxbatons students sitting with the Ravenclaws; the Durmstrang students sitting with the Slytherins. Draco Malfoy was sitting as poised as ever with a badge that read "Cedric Diggory". Of course he would put down Harry. Emelie chose to ignore him.

By the time the task was set to start, Hermione joined them on the stands.

"Took you long enough", Ron mumbled. Hermione shushed him as Dumbledore began speaking.

"Welcome all! Today our champions will be tackling the first task, a complex task where the champion will need to slay a dragon in order to get the golden egg which contains a clue for the next task. Without further explanation, let me welcome the first champion, Cedric Diggory!".

Emelie felt herself lean over the railing to see better. Seeing Cedric after the last time she thought about him was almost swoon worthy.

As he stepped out, Emelie could feel a warmth spreading all throughout her body.

The dragon he had to face was a Swedish Short Snout. Emelie had remembered learning about it with Harry. She turned her attention back to Cedric as she watched with rapped breath as the dragon slowly woke up.

Cedric, luckily, already had a plan, or so it seemed. He waved his wand, turning one of the rocks next to him into a dog. He conjured a dog to distract the dragon, Emelie thought, not only handsome, but he's also smart.

While the dog distracted the dragon, Cedric shifted some rocks until out peeked a golden egg, the golden egg. Cedric wrapped his arms around it but before he could lift up above him, something caught his attention, The Swedish Short Snout was right behind him.

Before anyone could register what was happening, the dragon blew out a load of fire and Cedric stumbled back. Emelie's breath caught in her throat.

It seemed like the whole crowd of people in the stands waited with bated breath in hopes that Cedric was still alive. Thankfully, after a few seconds, out emerged Cedric from the rocks holding the golden egg above his head.

Everyone clapped and cheered. Emelie clapped, once again, harder than anyone, although she noticed a Ravenclaw (Cho Chang, Emelie remembered her from Quidditch) who was clapping equally hard.

Cedric meanwhile was scanning the crowd for someone. Emelie only realized that someone was her when he caught her eye and smiled. Emelie's heart did it's usual flutter and this time, Emelie beamed back.

Cedric then headed back to the tent to get his face burns treated and out stepped Fleur Delacour.