chapter 7

The next few weeks passed by without care, unless you counted all the peculiar Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons with Moody, pennamed Mad-Eye Moody by all the students at Hogwarts

In these weeks, Emelie had seen Cedric around, exchanging the occasional greetings with him only to then proceed with her day. Somehow, seeing Cedric was the only thing she looked forward to everyday (if they happened to cross paths)

Today was a typical Thursday morning, a bit foggy but nothing too serious, when all of a sudden the morning owls swoop in, Hedwig dropping a letter in front of Harry's breakfast. Hermione looks up from the Daily Prophet, scrutinizing the letter.

"Who's that from?", she asks Harry. Harry shakes his head, confused. Then his eyes widened at the name at the top of the parchment.

"It's from Sirius!". Emelie looks at Ron and Hermione for their reactions. Their faces both remain blank.

"Why would Sirius write to you right now?", Emelie asked.

"Don't you remember? My scar started hurting the second week back and I wrote to him. Now, he's got an answer". Oh, yes, Emelie remembered the way Harry's scar had been paining him. He'd talked to her about it, worried this had something to do with Voldemort. She was actually the one who suggested writing to Sirius; she didn't think Harry would actually do it.

Harry turned the letter to face them so that they could all read Sirius's response:

Harry —
I'm flying north immediately. This news about your scar is the latest in a series of strange rumors that have reached me here. If it hurts again, go straight to Dumbledore — they're saying he's got Mad-Eye out of retirement, which means he's reading the signs, even if no one else is. I'll be in touch soon. My best to Ron and Hermione (and Emelie, of course). Keep your eyes open, Harry.

Sirius

"No!", Harry began protesting, "I made him think that he needs to come back. Now we've got to go find him".

"Don't you think that's a bit dangerous to do? We'll get in trouble, that's for sure", Emelie told Harry. She was trying to reason with him but Harry gasped as another piece of parchment dropped out the envelope.

This one Harry read out loud.

Be at the stile at the end of the road out of Hogsmeade (past Dervish and Banges) at two o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Bring as much food as you can.

"That's brilliant! We've got Hogsmeade on Saturday, so we'll just sneak around and meet Sirius where he's hidden".

Hermione looked skeptical and truthfully so did Emelie. How did they know for sure that this was safe to do?

"We should do it. If it benefits Harry and Sirius then I'm in". Hermione looked over at Ron since they were still in a bit of a fight over Hermione's organization.

"How can you agree to this but not to S.P.E.W?", Hermione scolds.

"Spew? What's that?". Hermione sighs in frustration.

"S.P.E.W, Ron. It's the name I've given my organization to help the sanity of elves". Ron looked baffled.

"Whatever, back to Harry, we should just do it- we'll grab some food in the morning, bring it up to Sirius, and the case is closed". Hermione finally gave in.

"Fine. I'll do it, but we better come back early, I've got to make S.P.E.W badges. And we also ought to bring him a few sweets from Honeydukes. What about you Emelie, are you in?". Emelie almost forgot she was there.

Judging by what they'd all said, Emelie reckoned it was better to go then leave them by themselves. If they did get busted, she'd at least defend them and get expelled herself.

"Uh, yeah, I'll come".

"Good. Now it's best if we get off to class".

Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Emelie waved goodbye to each other, moving on with their day.