chapter 4

Emelie rose from her seat along with everyone else, Dumbledore's words repeating in her mind

Emelie rose from her seat along with everyone else, Dumbledore's words repeating in her mind. She could put her name in the Triwizard Cup for the triwizard tournament considering she was in her Sixth year, but she needed more time to think about it.

Right now, all she wanted was the comfort of her bed in her dormitory that she shared with Hermione and Ginny. Speaking of Ginny, she hadn't seen her since she got on the Hogwarts Express. Emelie scanned the crowd for Ginny's face and was met with flaming red hair standing in front of her.

"Ginny! How are you?", Emelie asked, smiling.

"I'm good. I was just thinking, since you're in your Sixth year, are you going to put your name in the Triwizard Cup?".

Before Emelie could respond, the Gryffindor prefects were rushing all of them up the grand staircase. Ginny waved goodbye and went in Harry's direction. She's probably worried about how Harry was feeling. Somehow the thought of someone caring for Harry has much as Ginny did, made Emelie feel a certain sisterly warmth she couldn't explain.

At last, she'd finally gotten at the entrance to the Gryffindor common room. The fat lady scanned the crowd of Gryffindors from her portrait, carefully pinpointing the first years. The prefects made their voices heard above the others.

"Attention everyone!" Katie Bell announced, "This year's password is Dimblewit. Make sure to remember it". While saying that last part Katie looked over at Neville who gulped rather loudly.

One by one, the Gryffindors walked into the common room. It was fixated as per usual, with red couches or chairs and tables already littered by chess pieces. Emelie, Ron, Hermione, and Harry took in the sight that was the Gryffindor common room.

Soon enough, they all were yawning, walking tirelessly to their dorm rooms and muttering goodbyes to each other. Emelie reached hers along with Hermione. They both found Ginny sorting through her bags, who looked up at them and smiled.

"We're finally back. Summer felt so draining with the Quidditch World Cup and all", Ginny tells them, laying in bed. She's already fully clothed with her pajamas, reminding Emelie she should put her on as well.

"I did feel quite odd. I sincerely hope this year is better for everyone, especially Harry". Hermione turns around to slip into her pajamas, Emelie doing the same. Now that they are all fully bed-ready, Hermione continues.

"What was I saying? Oh yes, this new year. Speaking of which, Emelie, you're in your Sixth year now, you could easily put your name in the Triwizard Cup".

Emelie sighed. She needed a lot more time to think about this if she was actually going to put her name inside the cup. Suddenly, she remembered something. Dumbledore had said, "seventeen years or older". Emelie had just turned sixteen a couple of months ago, meaning she couldn't put her name in the cup, even if she tried like Fred and George were most likely to do.

"Well, I think you both forgot that Dumbledore specifically mentioned no one under seventeen should submit their name. I am sixteen".

Hermione slapped her palm against her forehead.
"How I could have ever been so stupid? I thought I listened carefully to what Dumbledore said, I guess I've been mistaken".

The three girls laughed. Emelie was glad to have taken this weight off her shoulders. This year would already be hard alone with her N.E.W.T level classes and exams; she really hadn't the need for a tournament either.

"Ginny, I might not be able to put my name in, but your brothers will most likely try to". Ginny rolls her eyes at that thought.

"Ugh, how could you still be friends with them? I'd get a headache even worse than the headache i get from being their sister". Emelie chuckles.

"Well, Ginny, did you know that Ms. Fawley right here talked to Cedric Diggory on the Hogwarts Express?"Hermione boasted.

"Did you really? We met him at the Quidditch World Cup; I imagine Hermione must have told you that already. What did you think of him? Did the two of you talk about anything in particular?". Ginny's tone of voice was ecstatic. Emelie feels her cheeks heat.

"That's a story for tomorrow", she says, yawning. Emelie flips shut the lamp next to her bed, Hermione and Ginny following her lead.

"Goodnight", Hermione tells the two of them. Emelie pulls the comforter over herself.

"Goodnight"

"'Night".