chapter 21

After a rushed walk, Emelie was at the Black Lake, or rather, the grass in front of the lake

After a rushed walk, Emelie was at the Black Lake, or rather, the grass in front of the lake. She turned around and saw Cedric running up to her. Emelie composed herself, glad that she was wearing pants today.

"We meet again". Cedric chuckled, setting his bag down on the grass.

"It seems so". Emelie cringed at herself, "Shall we sit?".

"Of course". So they both sat in the soft grass, Emelie rubbing it so that she could ease her unexplainable nerves.

"I've brought some food. I swept it off the table", he says, opening his bag to reveal a variety of cheeses and lamb chops and chicken. He even brought out a steak and kidney pie and a treacle tart.

"Oh wow, this is impressive, You didn't have to do that", Emelie breathes in awe.

Cedric laughs again; Emelie didn't know how she was going to make it out of this date.

"It's the least I can do if I was invited. Here", he says, holding out a chicken leg. Emelie carefully bites it.

"So are we going to present ourselves? We've never really talked that much". Emelie nodded.

"Yes, of course".

"Alright, tell me some things about yourself and i'll do the same".

"Well, my mother is French and my father is British which makes me half French. I can also speak French, my mom insisted I learn in case we ever move to Paris". Cedric was listening intently. Emelie picked up a lamb chop, continuing.

"I love reading, seriously I could stay in the Hogwarts library for hours. And, even though this may sound peculiar, I like to plan out scenarios in my head. Good or bad, I plan things in my head."

"So, I imagine you planned this out in your head". Emelie's face turned pale. She laughed lightly.

"I guess... oh and i also don't really like to be the center of attention. It makes me uncomfortable, I prefer to stay in my own little world with my friends. Anyways, enough about me. Tell me about yourself". Cedric wiped his hands then started talking.

"Alright, I was the Hufflepuff seeker before the Triwizard tournament started. I was born on September 24, 1977 in Ottery St Catchpole. Got sorted into Hufflepuff in my first year. That's pretty much all you should know". Emelie sighed.

"Oh, come on, there's got to be more", she said, "For example, what's your blood status? Where are your parents from?".

"My blood status is half-blood. My father, Amos Diggory is British, so is my mother, Evanna Diggory". He plucked a cheese from his bag, splitting it in half to hand a piece to Emelie.

"I guess this would be the right time to tell you I'm also a half-blood". Emelie bit into the cheese, a warmth filling her mouth. Cedric then started talking again.

"You said that you like reading, so what's your favorite book?".

Emelie thought this over before saying, "Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them". She'd read the book around 5 times because it was so interesting and different from anything she'd ever read.

"Really? I've read that too". Cedric's excitement was beyond adorable, Emelie thought.

"What's your favorite animal?", he asked. At the exact same time Emelie and Cedric both yelled, "Centaur!". The two of them laughed out loud. Maybe this wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

"How about your home?" Cedric asked, "Are things going good around there? Your hometown, I mean". Emelie gulped loudly. Should she tell him her parents were fighting? Something about him stood out to her and she trusted him enough already so she went for it.

"Um... everything's fine, except my parents. They're, uh, fighting. I think they might be getting a divorce soon if they haven't already". Cedric was quiet for a moment.

"I'm very sorry about that Emelie. My parents are in a good relationship but I can't imagine how you feel". Emelie was so grateful he was understanding.

"How about we change the subject? Like, for instance, I have royal descendants", Emelie said.

"Do you really?". Emelie nodded.

"Of course, but they were only famous in France a long time ago. Montmorency Royal Family? Dunno if you've heard of them". Cedric shook his head.

"I have not heard of them but I guess I could call you a princess then, right?".

Although Emelie knew he meant this as a joke she couldn't help blushing. After a few more moments of conversation and eating the Treacle Tarts, Emelie got up.

"I'm afraid it's time to go", she said, getting up. Cedric picked up excess scraps of food that were left on the grass. Before Emelie turned to leave, Cedric called out her name.

"Uh, Emelie?", he asked. "Yes?"

"This weekend is the second week of Hogsmeade so I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?". Emelie couldn't stop her smile.

"Of course". Cedric beamed.

"I guess I'll see you then, Emelie". She held up her hand.

"Please, call me Em".

"Alright Em", he said. Emelie then walked back to the castle, with a flourish rising in her chest. She will be going to Hogsmeade with Cedric this weekend. It hardly seemed real to her.

Once back at Hogwarts, she saw Hermione in the courtyard.

"Emelie! I was waiting for you. How did it go with Cedric?", she asked curiously.

"Oh Hermione, it was brilliant. I got to learn more about him. Did you know he's read Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them? He's even asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him this weekend."

Hermione was starstruck. "Oh my, that's wonderful Emelie. Now we better get to class before it's late".

Emelie giggled knowing this was the second time
Hermione had told her she would be late today. She walked off to Transfiguration with a new and improved attitude.