chapter 37

"What creatures does it say in the letter?" Emelie asked Harry

"What creatures does it say in the letter?" Emelie asked Harry. She'd opted to help him in the library right after classes so that tonight after supper she could help Cedric.

It would be the first time she'd be around Cedric as his girlfriend. Even just repeated the word felt surreal to Emelie.

"A boggart, I already know how to do that, Lupin taught me enough, a blast-ended skrewt, Hagrid gave us lessons in the Magical Creatures class but I do need more practice, and an acromantula and a sphinx which I have no idea what they are".

"Oh there's definitely a book on those. Let me see if I can find it".

Emelie went around the place where they were studying over to the magical creatures section of the library. At last, she picked up the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

She'd read it so many times, like she'd told Cedric, that she had all the creatures memorized".

"Hey, Harry, I found a book that's-". Emelie was cut off by a scream.

"Argh!". Emelie rounded the corner and saw Harry doubled over, touching his scar.

"Harry!". Emelie dropped the book on the table and ran over to him.

"Are you alright? Harry, can you hear me?", she asked worriedly.

"I-I'm fine. My scar..". Harry let out another grunt and Emelie debated calling the librarian.

"Harry, if you need to, I'll take you to the hospital wing". Harry shook his head.

"No, don't worry. Just.. go get Ron and Hermione".

Emelie nodded, sitting Harry down on a chair.

Luckily, she didn't even need to call them as they were entering the library already, making their way towards Emelie and Harry.

"Harry, what happened?" Hermione asked, hurrying over to his seat.

"I don't know if my scar started hurting. Emelie saw it, right?". She nodded.

"He was doubled over in pain and it was a double attack on the scar". Ron's eyes widened.

"Blimey, You-Know-Who can't be in action right now, can he? We're in the middle of a tournament". Hermione scolded him.

"Tournament or not, Ron, we all know You-Know-Who can do things at any time and it appears so right now. Did you see anything Harry?", Hermione asks. He shook his head.

"No, I was studying and a searing pain hit me but I didn't see anything. I saw some black because it was worse than anything but I did not see Vol-You-Know-Who". Emelie was worrying now.

She still remembered what Sirius had said, to protect him.

"Why don't you write to Padfoot?" Emelie whispered, "When it gets bad doesn't that mean that he's closer?".

Harry thought this through then reluctantly agreed with her.

"I might do that. Actually, I will do that, right now. We'll train more tomorrow, alright Emelie?".

She nodded and let him go to the common room.

She thought it might have been better to help Cedric now that Harry was busy with writing to Sirius. Of course, though, she would check up on him later because she wouldn't let anything else get to Harry this year. So, she set off for Hufflepuff common room.