chapter 19

Her dragon was a Common Welsh, the very first dragon Harry had learned about

Her dragon was a Common Welsh, the very first dragon Harry had learned about. She performed quick magic, setting a sleeping spell on the dragon. Fleur waited a few moments before tiptoeing towards the egg after the dragon finally fell asleep. She'd gotten the golden egg successfully, (except for the fact that the dragon had snored, setting the hem of her skirt on fire).

Next was Viktor Krum. His dragon was a Chinese Fireball which, in order to catch the egg, was put under a Conjunctivitis Charm by Viktor. The dragon was now blind making it easy for Krum to go retrieve the egg. Emelie, though, noticed that the dragon had smashed several of the real eggs in the arena which she thought would get him a penalty.

At last, it was Harry's turn. Emelie could hear a collective inhale come from Ron and Hermione; they must be as nervous as she was. Just then, Harry stepped out of the tent and awkwardly waved at the crowd. This made an uproar of boos come from the Slytherin side but Emelie, Ron, and Hermione clapped, showing their encouragement.

The dragon Harry had to face was the Hungarian Horntail. Hungarian Horntail. The fiercest dragon of all, Emelie recited in her head. Of course Harry would get the most dangerous dragon with him being the youngest contestant. Hermione must have caught on because her face registered panic and so did Ron's.

The dragon was brought out and it began inching towards Harry. Harry looked panicked, glancing in their direction. Do it, Hermione mouthed to him. Harry nodded.

Whipping out his wand, Harry yelled "Accio!" and his broom quickly came into view. The dragon was now standing still, turning his head while the broom circled around him to get to Harry.

The broom was soon in Harry's hand and Harry took flight, gripping the broom tightly while flying around the Hungarian Horntail.

The dragon twisted his head around and around again trying to catch Harry.

"He's creating distraction", Ron whispered.

Hermione put her finger up to her mouth to silence him as Harry got closer to the golden egg. Emelie thought of this as a game of Quidditch with the golden egg being the golden snitch. Harry abruptly stopped the broom in front of the rock with the egg propped against it. Just as he bent down to pick it up, the dragon blew a load of fire out of his mouth. Emelie gasped, hoping Harry wasn't hurt.

Lucky for her, he was fine. Harry got back up trying to get the egg again but the dragon was stubborn and persisted to try to get Harry. He took the egg, went up his broom, and flew high in the air. A horn blew, signaling the end of Harry's task. Emelie, Ron, and Hermione jumped up, clapping so hard, Emelie didn't know how their hands didn't fall off.

Dumbledore went up to the podium again as Harry went back into the tent to freshen up.

"Ahem" Dumbledore cleared his throat loudly, "The scores have just come in with first place being a tie between Viktor Krum and Harry Potter!". Emelie almost fell off the stands in shock. Harry had won. Hermione and Ron didn't even think twice before hurdling themselves down the stands while all the Gryffindors clapped, urging Emelie to do the same.

"Where are we going?" Emelie shouted, her voice muffled between the screams of the crowd.

"To the tent!" Hermione yelled back. Once they did get there, Harry was standing next to Bartemius Crouch Snr., who was congratulating him with pats on the back.

"Harry! You did it!", Hermione exclaimed, hugging him. Ron was grinning from hear to hear. Emelie was proud almost like a mother and she even forgot the bizarre things Hagrid had said about Bartemius Crouch Snr.

"I can't wait to see the look on Malfoy's face when he sees this one", he said, patting Harry's shoulder. A woman Emelie recognized as Rita Skeeter was eyeing the four of them.

Looking for a scoop, probably, Emelie thought, knowing how desperate Rita was for any news.

"You did really great, I was almost about to faint if that would've taken you a bit longer" Emelie said, making everyone laugh. In between bits of conversation, someone called her name.

"Emelie?", a voice said. She turned around to find Cedric Diggory standing before her. Emelie almost choked on the air around her in shock.

"Oh, Cedric, hi", she exclaimed. "How are you? I see you've got some cuts there". Cedric touched a small scar on his cheek.

"Oh, yeah, it's nothing really, I'm fine". Emelie tipped her toes back and forth, a behavior she emitted when she was nervous.

"Well, you did very well out there. I thought you were brilliant". Cedric laughed.

"Thank you, you're too kind". He sighed looking back. "I guess I'll see you around as always, Emelie?".

"Yeah, I'll see you", she replied. Something about the way Cedric said her name gave her a euphoric feeling. But there was something nagging in the back of her mind.

"Emelie, are you ready to go?" Ron asked, "Party in Gryffindor common room".

"Yes, I'm coming". Emelie walked back up to Hogwarts still with the weird feeling in her mind.

She realized just then that the feeling was want. She wanted to see Cedric more. She wanted for their interactions to go beyond greetings and bits of conversation. She wanted to stop "seeing him around" and start seeing him everyday as she did with her friends.

Emelie had a sudden idea which she was surely going to pursue.