chapter 22

By the time it was Saturday, Emelie could hardly think about anything else besides her Hogsmeade outing with Cedric

By the time it was Saturday, Emelie could hardly think about anything else besides her Hogsmeade outing with Cedric. She'd actually gone up to Katie, the very person who helped her realize her feelings for him.

"That's brilliant!" Katie had said, excitedly.

The morning of their trip to Hogsmeade, Emelie found her best winter sweater and pants to wear under her cloak. She wanted to appear nice but didn't want to overdo it.

"We can finally relax on this trip to Hogsmeade" Ron said while they were going over the entrance hall that went out to Hogsmeade.

"Is it because I'm not around?", Emelie asked teasingly. Ron turned red.

"No, no, I didn't mean it like that. It's just because we don't have to go meet Sirius this time". Emelie chuckled to herself. McGonagall took the usual attendance and finally the group of students made their way into chilly Hogsmeade.

"Alright then, I'll go meet Cedric now. Make sure you all don't get yourselves into trouble".

"You know it isn't unlikely", Harry said, making Hermione double over with laughter. Emelie waved a last goodbye before going off. She stood in the middle of the shops, looking to see if Cedric was coming.

Sure enough, his Hufflepuff robes were visible in the crowd along with his charming smile.

"Good morning, Emelie", he said, striding towards her, "Quite chilly today, isn't it?". Emelie agreed, nodding her head.

"I've worn this sweater from home just for the occasion".

"And it looks comfortable '' Cedric replied, causing Emelie's to swoon up at him.

"Shall we go to Honeydukes?". Emelie hesitated thinking she maybe wanted to go to the Three Broomsticks first but then agreed. As they were walking towards the candy shop, Emelie noticed many girls giggling as he walked by. Oh, who could blame them, Emelie thought quietly.

"What?", Cedric asked suddenly. Emelie jumped realizing she must have mumbled.

"Oh, nothing, just saying here we are".

Cedric, politely opened the door for her as they both stepped inside. Emelie almost always took the chocolate frogs when going into Honeydukes but today she wanted to see if Cedric had any other sweets to try out.

"So, Cedric, what should we buy?", she asked. He didn't seem to hear her. "Um, Cedric?". He turned his focus back to her as he had been admiring the surroundings.

"My apologies, Em", he said, calling her by her nickname, "It's just that this was the first wizarding shop I went to as a child so it always intrigues me with how brilliant it is".

"No need to apologize, I completely understand how it is". Emelie really did understand because Hogwarts never failed to amaze her.

She walked around Honeydukes with Cedric until they both stumbled upon a stand filled with chocolate wands.