chapter 1

Emelie jumps on the train just as it begins to move forward

Emelie jumps on the train just as it begins to move forward. Dragging her luggage behind her, she tries to find a compartment that is not filled by people.

She cranes her neck to see the compartment in front of her and is met with the familiar face of Draco Malfoy smirking while whispering with his friends.

"Probably trying to sabotage the school as soon as he sets foot into it", Emelie thinks to herself.

While trudging forward still, she bumps into a boy with dark hair and soft grey eyes. Emelie curses to herself, picking up her fallen luggage.

"I'm extremely sorry about that", the boy says, bending down to help her. Their eyes lock for a moment and Emelie feels an intense roaring  in her stomach. She shakes her head, waving the boy off.

"It's okay, it always happens to me".

Finally, she realizes who the boy in front of her is. It's Cedric Diggory, the Hufflepuff seeker. She'd seen him at Quidditch matches but never in person, standing face to face. Now that he was standing in front of her, she began to admire his handsomeness.

"No wonder all the girls giggle as they pass by him", Emelie mumbles. Cedric looks at Emelie, as if prompting her to say what she mumbled out loud but then extends his hand.

"I'm Cedric Diggory by the way. Have I seen you around Hogwarts?".

"Uh, yes, I'm Emelie. You've probably seen me talking to Harry Potter", Emelie replies, taking his hand in hers, scared it might start sweating.

Cedric's face lights up as if he suddenly remembered something. Their hands shake, eyes looking at each other.

"So you're the famous Emelie that the Gryffindors are always talking about".

The famous Emelie? Emelie ponders this, wondering why she'd be so famous at Hogwarts. No one barely knows her except for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, and George. Fred and George. Of course.

"Ah, I imagine that you've met Fred and George. That's probably who you hear me the most from".

Cedric smiles up at her, making Emelie's stomach do a light flip.

"Yes, I think that's where I've heard you from, most probably". He composes himself, looking behind him as he hears his name being called.

"Well, I think that's my cue to go. It's been nice meeting you, Emelie".

"Same to you". Emelie waves her hand to say goodbye as she looks at Cedric make his way to the compartment where his friends are.

That reminds Emelie that she should probably go to her friends who are most likely waiting for her impatiently, especially Hermione.

Before Emelie can even walk though, she registers that the train had actually started moving and she hadn't been aware of it. It was as if being with Cedric had stopped time. Emelie shakes her head, thinking how foolish she must sound. The hopeless romantic side of her really kicked in sometimes.

She walks in between the rows of compartments looking inside to see if she spots her friends. For now all she sees is people talking, laughing, and doing the occasional magic since they are now on the train.

After walking to almost the other end of the train, Emelie sticks her head into one of the compartments and is finally met with the familiar-looking faces of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Emelie! Finally, you're here. We've been waiting, where have you been?", Hermione asks immediately, patting the seat next to her.

Emelie sits. " Oh, I just got caught up with my luggage, then someone started talking to me, that's all"

"Someone? Who did you talk to?", asks Ron.

"Wow, not even a greeting", Emelie teases. Ron rolls his eyes.

"Okay, hello Emelie, we are very glad to see you. now who did you talk to?", Ron asks again.

"Thank you", Emelie says in a very exaggerated tone of voice. "I talked to Cedric Diggory".

"Cedric Diggory? We met him at the Quidditch World Cup, right Harry?".

"Yeah, Cedric? I know who he is".

Emelie quickly noticed how Harry's mood didn't seem quite right. He seemed vaguely distracted like something important was on his mind. Emelie then realized what Harry must be so distracted by. Hermione has just mentioned it.

"What's wrong Harry?", she asks, "Are still thinking about what happened at the Quidditch World Cup?".

Harry looks towards Emelie, slightly nodding his head. At the Quidditch World Cup, Death Eaters had tortured and levitated several Muggles and only stopped when someone cast the dark mark in the sky. Emelie had read about it in the newspaper that her dad had given her. Knowing that Harry was there had gotten her extremely anxious. Now, that could be the only logical explanation as to why he was gloomy and thoughtful.

"Are you still anxious about that Harry?". Hermione glances at Ron as if to plead him to help her get rid of Harry's frown.

"I mean how could I not be Hermione? I know that this most certainly has something to do with Vold- sorry Ron- You-Know-Who".

"Well, even if it does, you're going back to Hogwarts. Let's focus on something a little less stressful", Emelie suggests. Ron nods in agreement.

"She's right Harry. Whether you like it or not, Harry, we need to focus on the moment. We'll have time for You-Know-Who later. Besides, the food trolley is here". Ron points at the trolley witch opening their compartment door.

"Anything from the trolley, my dears?", she asks. The trolley witch is a plump, sweet lady ready to give out any food to the Hogwarts students.

"We'll take four chocolate frogs, eight pumpkin pastries, and one bag of Bertie Botts beans.'' Emelie pays for the snacks and hands them to her friends. Ron attempts to catch the chocolate frog that Emelie tosses him, but it ends up hitting Harry in the chest. The four friends laugh out loud, even Harry. Emelie is grateful for this moment and that Harry seems to be cheered up. After all, Professor Lupin had told them last year that chocolate solves everything.