chapter 6

It's finally lunch time and Emelie could not be any gladder to fill her stomach with food

It's finally lunch time and Emelie could not be any gladder to fill her stomach with food. Potions was an inferno now that they took their N.E.W.T level class. Snape had already assigned them tons of homework which Emelie didn't think she could physically be able to finish or even start. Now to mention it was Potions with the Slytherins which meant that Marcus Flint had been teasing her. If not for Emelie's patience, she and the twins would be in Dumbledore's office right now facing consequences for their actions.

As Emelie sat down she noticed something was wrong in the air around the Gryffindor table. Everyone seemed stiff and anxious.

"Is everyone alright? Something feels stranger here", Emelie said, dropping her bag. Harry looked over at Hermione, Ron, and then Neville whose face was rather pale. Much paler than usual in fact. Hermione leaned over to whisper.

"Um, Neville, uh, he- when we were in Defence against the Dark Arts he got traumatized by the Cruciatus Curse. You know, his parents...". Emelie nodded understanding. Was Professor Moody that much of a lunatic?

"I've got a strange feeling about Moody", Harry interrupted. His face scrunched in concentration.

"Why? I mean he is a bit odd, but what makes him so strange?", Ron asks, swiping his plate clean with his fork. Emelie wondered that too. Yes, Moody was out of place but any wizard was as strange as the other, right? Emelie then wanted to ask something.

"You don't think this has to do with...."

"That's exactly what I think". Harry looked at her glad that someone understood. Hermione sighed.

"Can we not talk about this right now? Neville still hasn't recovered. Let's give him some space".

So, Emelie fills her plate, digging in immediately. The class she needs to attend in the afternoon is Transfiguration and now that it was N.E.W.T level class, she would find herself in the Gryffindor common room completing homework all night. Her thoughts were broken by Fred who tried to cheer up the mood.

"About the tournament, when do you think the two schools will come over?".

"Not until later in the year probably. Hogwarts needs some time to settle down and start the semester". Emelie nods in agreement with Ginny's statement.

"Why did you ask Fred? Do you want to see the veelas?", Emelie teases. Ron's face turns bright red along with Fred's. Harry laughs out loud while Hermione purses her lips.

"You know, veelas can be quite the pests when they get mad", Hermione informed them, "Plus I don't see why you two would like to see them, you got a view a-plenty at the Quidditch World Cup".

Ron rolls his eyes at Hermione's exaggeration.

"Why'd you have to be so dramatic?". Hermione doesn't answer him and picks up her bag.

"I ought to think it's time to go. I will see you all later". She stalks away to her next class followed by Ron and Harry who mutter goodbyes.

"That was strange", Emelie says, bewildered. No one answers her as Ron and Hermione fighting are common occurrences. After a while, Emelie, Fred, and George get up to go to Transfiguration.