chapter 15

At exactly a quarter till eight, the champions stepped out from behind the door with Dumbledore guiding them back to their seats

At exactly a quarter till eight, the champions stepped out from behind the door with Dumbledore guiding them back to their seats. Harry sat down, his face pale and contorted. Emelie felt useless at this point.

"Uh, Harry?" Ginny's voice was quiet while Harry ate what was left of his supper.

"Do you... um... still need to do the t-tournament?". Harry nodded glumly. The Great Hall was the most silent it had ever been with only the sound of forks scraping against plates while the four champions ate the remains of their part of the feast.

Dumbledore didn't even make his goodbye speech, simply dismissing them over to their dorms. The Gryffindors walked separately, Harry barely moving out of embarrassment.

By the time they had gotten to the common room, the tension between Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Emelie was growing unbearable.

"Okay, Harry, tell us what Dumbledore told you", Hermione asks calmly, sitting down on a common room sofa.

"Yeah Harry, tell us why you decided to put your name in the Goblet of Fire secretly? How'd you do it?" Ron said sourly.

"First of all, I didn't put my name in the Goblet of Fire", Harry said, his patience being tested.

"Then how in the world did the slip of paper with your name on it get into the Goblet?".

"I told you, I know nothing. Someone must have set me up". Harry sunk down on the sofa next to Hermione, looking awfully tired.

"Well, do you know who it is?" Emelie asked but as soon as the words left her mouth, she knew she shouldn't have spoked.

"No, Emelie, that's what I discussed with Dumbledore the whole time".

"If you discussed it with Dumbledore you should know by now", Ron mumbled. Harry had had enough, standing up.

"It's not that easy figuring this out, Ron! You should be upset that your best friend needs to compete in a tournament!".

"Well if you don't know who sabotaged you, it's obvious this is work of your own!" Ron spat back.

Hermione raised her hands to stop their bickering which had caught the entire common room's attention, but Harry was already talking back.

"You're just jealous, Ron! I'm competing in a tournament with Viktor Krum and this is lousy jealousy. It's nobody's fault but whoever put my name inside the goblet and you!".

Emelie had enough of this. "Please, the two of you, stop it. I'm sure this wasn't intentional; actually I think if i had been more cautious Harry wouldn't- ".

"Look Emelie, I think me and Harry are perfectly capable of sorting this out ourself so i'd love it if you could please shut it!" , Ron bellowed.

Emelie nearly stumbled back at Ron's harsh words. He probably didn't mean them but still it hurt her. 

"Whatever you please then", she told them, walking out. As soon as the fat lady swung the entrance closed, Emelie ran up to the Astronomy Tower to calm her mind.

When she got there, she was panting but it was worth it if she was able to see the whole view of Hogwarts. A light breeze greeted her openly as she stepped out leaning over the edge of the tower. From up here she could see the Durmstrang boat sleeping peacefully on the water and half of the Beauxbatons carriage concealed in the woods. Emelie took a deep breath, the air filling her lungs.

Trying to pry her mind off the tournament, the stress, and Harry and Ron's fight, she thought of one positive outcome of the day; seeing Cedric smiling at her.

She tilted her head up to the stars, seeing how they gleamed at her in the dark sky. Emelie repeated Katie's words in her mind. You might fancy him. I fancy Cedric. If this was true, loving someone was an ecstatic experience. Emelie once again tilted her head up to the sky observing any constellations. She could see the Ursa Major constellation in the night sky brightening up a patch of darkness. And almost, almost, Emelie thought she could see Cedric's charming smile in the stars.