chapter 40

Emelie dropped off her bag in Gryffindor common room, advising the trio she would be off with Cedric and that she would come back shortly

She didn't even need to step out the common room for Cedric was already waiting for her outside next to the portrait of the fat lady.

"All ready to go?" he asked. Emelie nodded and together they walked down to the first floor.

"Where exactly are we going?," she asked but Cedric put finger to his lips. Emelie began to grow more incredulous by the second so when they walked out towards the Forbidden Forest she was slightly surprised.

Cedric though wanted to keep this a secret for as much as possible so he asked her, "How did your day go?".

"Well, besides almost hitting Marcus Flint because he made fun of Harry, Ron and Hermione, I'd say my day has gone somewhat well".

"Wait, you almost hit Marcus Flint? The Slytherin?". Emelie nodded.

"Wow, I wouldn't have imagined you being so snarky".

Emelie laughed then said, "I didn't think I could be as well but he really deserved it and even if it cost me 20 points from Gryffindor, I still felt like I did the right thing". They both laughed at that.

Soon, they were walking even deeper into the Forbidden Forest until they stopped at a magnificent clearing filled with a thicket of trees covering them making it seem as if it was night time.

"This is wonderful, Ced. This part of the Forbidden Forest is just so...... mesmerizing".

Cedric smiled and Emelie's stomach swarmed with butterflies. "What did we come here to do though?".

Cedric gestured towards the ground and they both sat down on the grass. He took a deep breath before beginning.

"I came here to tell you something important that I hope you'll remember as long as you can". He paused again, nervous, and Emelie held his hand. He continued,

"Emelie, I love you. I don't know if it's the way your accent sounds when you're speaking French or maybe how your dress flowed so gracefully around you at the Yule Ball. Maybe it's how kind you are to everyone and how your smile makes the room brighter". Emelie was speechless and on the verge of tears but Cedric continued still.

"I think me and you have a really special relationship. I also think we can make it to infinity. I want to make it, Emelie, with you because I really wish to spend the rest of my years at Hogwarts by your side. I love you Emelie".

By now, Emelie's eyes filled to the brim with joyful tears.

"I-I love you too, Ced" she choked out. She leaned over from where she was sitting to kiss him.

As she did, she thought how lucky she was to have such a caring partner. She might still be a teen but she knew since the first moment, she'd been in love with him. They pulled apart and Cedric took her and spun her around, Emelie laughing.

"Put me down, Ced!" she shrieked. He did and they stayed there a couple more minutes enjoying each other's company.

"You know Ced, you might be the best thing to come out of this school year".

Cedric laughed and tucked Emelie's hair behind her ear.

"You're the best thing also. I just can't believe I didn't notice you earlier. My life would have been bettered even more".

Emelie looked him, full of love. She couldn't believe she got to sit here with him and tell him she loved him. It overwhelmed her how much she care for him and wanted to stay in this moment forever.

"I love you", she whispered again and Cedric whispered it back.

Then, Emelie told him they should probably head back to the castle since Harry, Ron, and Hermione might have been waiting for her.

Once they were outside the Gryffindor common room, Cedric gave her one more hug.

"Bye, Em. Bye, darling" he teased. Emelie laughed, opening the common room door.

a/n aww man this chapter always gets me every time i rewrite or review it 😭