chapter 23

Few passed by since the first task, and Emelie, after her two dates with Cedric was feeling happier and renewed

They'd exchange a few words between classes sometimes, which made Fred and George go crazy with jokes but Emelie didn't mind. Hermione and Ron were still mad at each other for one reason or the other; Hermione even refused to let him copy her homework.

Today was a bright sunny, yet chilly day since it was getting closer to December. Emelie was lying down on the grass near Hagrid's hut with Ron because Hermione and Harry had errands to run.

"Hey Emelie?" Ron said, plucking pieces of grass, "Can I ask you something?".

"Yes, anything". Ron sighed.

"Now that you're hanging out with Cedric, are you going to, you know, stop supporting Harry in the tournament?". Emelie was baffled that he was asking her this question.

"Of course not! Why would you even ask that? I would never leave my friends. You're almost like siblings at this point i won't let rivalries get in the way of that".

"Okay, good, I just thought".

"Well don't you ever think like that again", Emelie teased. The bell then rang, being heard even from where they were sitting. Emelie and Ron got up, following the rest of the students up to the Great Hall for lunch.

Hermione and Harry were already there, Hermione lifting her eyebrow at Ron once he sat down. Harry, meanwhile, didn't spare any details as he launched into an explanation.

"So, while we were discussing the tournament and uh, you, Ron, Cedric came up to me. He told me to take a bath".

The prospect of Cedric telling Harry to take a bath almost made Emelie spit out her juice.

"He told you to take a bath?", Emelie asked incredulously.

"Yeah, something about a clue that has to do with the second task. I need to dip my egg in there too".

"Well, when are you going to take a bath and where?", Ron asked, shoving potatoes in his mouth.

"I think I'll do it tonight. He told me in the prefect's bathroom". Now this caught Hermione's attention.

"But you're not a prefect. How are you going to get in the bathroom?". Harry hadn't thought this through, clearly, because he seemed to be deep in thought.

"I'll manage, don't worry". But Emelie did worry. She was supposed to protect him and his friends and if he got in trouble for entering the prefect's bathroom then Emelie would have failed Sirius and most importantly her friends.

"Emelie, you alright?" Ron asked. She hadn't realized that she seemed to have her head in the clouds.

"Yes, I'm simply worried about the second task". Emelie leaned forward and lowered her voice whispering, "If it goes wrong it will all be my fault for not protecting you all the way Padfoot told me to". Harry sighed.

"Emelie, believe me, this isn't your fault. If I get in trouble it will all be the person who put my name in the Goblet of Fire's fault. Besides, Padfoot meant for you to keep me protected from You-Know-Who".

"Well how do I know that You-Know-Who isn't involved in the tournament?". Hermione raised her hand in protest.

"Can we please stop talking about this now? Emelie you're doing too much, really, try to relax and take everything easy, okay?". Emelie nodded knowing how motherly she sounded.

Afterwards, she got up to go to Herbology, the last class of the day before she had a free period.

The twins trudged along with her and when they got to the greenhouse, they were all three met with an unexpected surprise. Fleur Delacour was standing at the front with Professor Sprout.

"Oh good, you're all here!" Professor Sprout exclaimed at her, the twins, and a couple of Ravenclaws behind her. "We've got a special guest today, Ms. Delacour, who decided she would stop by and visit our class".

"Oh it iz my pleasure to be here", Fleur replied. Her French accent striked through when she spoke, more than Madame Maxime.

Professor Sprout didn't hesitate to start the class, positioning Fleur near a group of Ravenclaws. Today they would all be studying Mistletoe since it was getting close to December, therefore closer to Christmas. Emelie swooned just thinking about the significance of mistletoe on Christmas Day.
m
"And now, I will need all of you to please water the mistletoe properly for about 5 minutes. Go on, do it!".

Emelie took the watering bucket and began sprinkling water down on the mistletoe before her. Fleur then leaned over, to check out what she was doing.

"Bonjour, vous êtes Emelie, correct?". Emelie remained shocked that Fleur was speaking to her in French but then again she was prepared.

"Oui, je suis Emelie. How do you know that I speak French?".

"Oh, I have heard from someone. Your name iz also very French so I only figured". Emelie was trying to figure out who the many people were when Professor Sprout clapped her hands.

"Very well! Now I will need all of you, including Fleur, who will also to be growing her own mistletoe, to put their plants in the empty greenhouse next door. Make sure you remember the spot. We will need them for later in the year". Emelie walked out with Fleur to the greenhouse next door.

"So, you're copain iz Harry Potter?" Fleur asked.

"Yes, he's been quite nervous for the tournament but perhaps I've been more nervous than him". Emelie laughed it off. Fleur nodded.

"I know that iz name was put in zhe goblet by accident. Do you know who zid it?". Emelie shook her head.

"For now, no. But we hope to know soon enough". Fleur nodded again.

"Well it iz my time to go. It's been a pleasure talking to you". Emelie waved goodbye while Fleur walked back to greenhouse four. Emelie picked up her bag and left the class, heading somewhere to relax.