New clothes

Another short chapter! Just working on getting things moving! The next couple ones will be longer I guarantee it.

It had been about a week, and you were finally dismissed from the hospital. You still had to keep a few of the bandages on around your hands and feet, but other than that, you were good as new. You smiled as a prideful feeling ran through your blood. Finally, being out and about in the sun felt nice and you were going to make the most of it. You made plans with Sam to go out and get Circus Gothica outfits. Since Sam was an expert in gothic clothing, and you haven't spent alone time with Sam in a long time, you decided on going out together. Sam was ecstatic about taking you out anyways, especially if it meant giving someone gothic fashion advice.

You both stepped out of her mom's car, turning around and thanking her before shutting the door. Sam leaned into the car, talking to her mom a little longer, before she closed the door as well. "Where to first Sam?"

She chuckled lowly, "Oh. I have some ideas." She grabbed your hand and pulled you further into the mall. You trailed behind her and gawked at all the ice cream stands that were spread out sparsely around the store. "We can get some after... okay?" She smiled back noticing you staring at the stands.

You smiled and nodded before speeding up and walking beside her. She let go of your hand and started pointing at a few places. "I haven't done this is awhile so... bear with me yea?"

"You haven't gotten clothes in awhile?" Sam asked looking over towards you. You smiled shyly at her while she glanced over your outfit. "You dress nice anyways." She reassured you.

A small smile tugged at your lips. "Thanks, Sammikins." You snickered a little.

She slapped your back hard, "I told you not to call me that!" You whined a little while you rubbed the spot she hit.

"I'm injured Sam! How could you." You huffed crossing your arms.

"Oh. And I'll do it again." She smiled towards you menacingly.

You sweat a little and shook your head, "Message received." She smiled at you warmly and dragged you into a store. You glanced around the store and your eyes lit up a little.

"Woah!" You said shocked as you glanced at a few pieces of clothing that caught your attention.

"I know right? There are a couple stores like this here... just pick out anything you like. I've been here so long I know the cashiers by name." She giggled making her way off somewhere else. You reached your hand out to stop her, but she was already gone. You guess you couldn't stop a goth from running off in a gothic store. You sighed but smiled to yourself before looking around. You started shuffling through a few of the isles, hoping something would catch your attention. Lucky for you, something did. You picked it up, looking it over for awhile before checking for your size. You did this a couple times over, picking out a few more things then looking around for Sam. Once you found her, she held a couple things as well.

"I think I'm done Sam." You smiled over towards her.

She took one last glance at something before putting it back, deciding against it. "You ready to try it on?" She finally tore her eyes off the shirt and looked towards you. She smiled happily, "Wow you found more than I thought you would."

"Haha. Maybe goths my look." You joked around nudging her a little.

She smiled, "Aye... don't joke like that. You'll get my hopes up." She laughed a little, pulling you towards a dressing room. She greeted a few people along the way, then helped you set up before closing the door behind you. "I'll be right next to you if you need anything."

"Okay! Thanks Sam!" You yelled over the stall. You heard her walk off and close the door beside you. You started to try on a few of the things, seeing if you liked the way they looked on you. You only kept a few things, but you think you managed to already find the outfit you liked. You smiled to yourself in the stall fixing your hair a little. You felt really nice right now.

Sam knocked on your door, "You almost done?"

"You wanna see Sam?" You called out.

You heard her chuckle from behind the door, "Yea sure. Come on out." Stepping out of the stall and smiling towards her, she reciprocated your smile. "You look great! Your right, goth does suit you."

"You think it's enough for the circus?" You asked rubbing your arm a little.

"Aye. You're doing more than Danny and Tucker that's for sure, but yea... you'd fit in perfectly." She took another glance over you. "I'll be waiting out here. There's a few more places I'd like to check out, if you wanna come with?"

"Sounds good!" You closed the door behind you and changed again. Before you put back on your clothes, you inspected the scars that lingered around your body. You swallowed hard trailing your finders across them with a sorrowful look. You shook your head and changed into your other clothes. You weren't going to think about that now. You stepped out of the changing room and found Sam. You both walked up to the cash and paid for your clothes before heading off to a couple more stores.

***

You guys sat down at a table, ice cream in hand. You both had a backpack full of items you'd bought while you walked around; Sam even begrudgingly going into a few stores she'd never step foot in otherwise. Sam and you giggled about something or another until she stopped and paid close attention to something behind you. "Hm? What's up Sam?" You asked taking a small glance behind you.

"Huh...? I'll uh... be right back." She said, getting up slowly and walking off somewhere.

You shrugged it off and focused your attention down to your PDA. You texted your dad that you were safe, and everything was good. He sent you back a reply a second or two later, happy you texted him. You then looked at a few other things until you were startled by Sam sitting down slightly annoyed. Danny Phantom trailed behind her, sitting down carefully as he bounced his leg a little anxiously.

You looked at Danny confused before turning to Sam, "What's going on?"

She rubbed her temped annoyed, "I found Danny Phantom, spying on us." You turned to Danny a little surprised. He gave you a nervous smile and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to!" His hand trailed from his hair to the back of his neck.

"Why were you following us anyways?" You leaned your head into your hand.

He bit his lip for a second, "Just... making sure you're both okay."

You and Sam glanced at each other before she scoffed, "We're fine Danny. Nothings going to happen."

You nodded before your face turned a little red, "W-wait... you were with us... all day?" He looked at you a little ashamed and nodded. Sam understood what you were implying before smacking Danny in the back of the head.

"H-hey! Watch it! I know it was wrong, but I can't help but be worried!" He stood up a little, rubbing the back of his head where Sam had hit him.

"No! What's wrong is watching us change, idiot!" Sam retorted, frowning annoyed.

Danny paused for a second, face turning red before shaking his head, "I- No! I-I'd never!" he stuttered out. Sam grabbed your wrist and pulled you off annoyed. Danny flew behind you both closely, "Come on guys... can't you forgive me?"

Red dusted along your face again and you pulled on Sam's hand a little. "Let me talk to Phantom yea?" Danny stopped and planted his feet on the ground, sighing anxiously. Sam rolled her eyes still annoyed and dismissed the two of you, walking off somewhere else to wait.

"S-sorry... again." Danny apologised, rubbing the back of his neck, unable to look at you.

"It's okay Phantom. You know you could've just asked to come along, right?" You explained crossing your arms. He blinked a few times before laughing a little. You guess he didn't really think about that. "Just. No more spying on us, okay?" He nodded a couple times and smiled at you. A relieved sigh leaving his lips.

You shuffled on the spot for a second before, leaning in a little closer to whisper something in his ear, "Movie night at my place?" You pulled back and held out your pinky a little. His face had a small bit of pink while he interlocked your pinkies.

"You've got a deal."

"I'll see you then Phantom!" You walked off waving goodbye. He smiled back at you, his hand still held out as if he was interlocking pinkies with another ghost, and a small smile planted on his lips.