CHAPTER 22

(Jaime in the pic above )

"Jalen!" Anne, Jalen's mother yelled as she opened the door to find her son still asleep. "You're going to be late for school. I'm leaving now but make sure you rush to school," She said before rushing to take this sister to school before going to work.

Honestly, Jalen really didn't want to go to school. As much as he tried to take his mind off her, he really couldn't. If he wasn't thinking about her smile, then he was thinking about her laugh that he hadn't heard in forever. But right now, he was thinking about why she would go on a date with Chris.

He didn't fully believe she would cheat on him. Maybe Chris just told him that to het under his skin. Maybe it was a lie. He wanted to talk to her, he needed her to explain this to him because it was driving him crazy.

As he heard his mother's car drive off, he decided he would skip school today. He needed a day off from all the shit that had been going on.

Still on his bed, he glanced over to a small painting hung on his wall. A painting made from his lover, a painting which just made him smile. See, he just couldn't stop thinking about her.

Maybe he would stop by her favorite place today. A place that had gradually become his favorite place too just because of her.

***

"Oh i'm so sorry to hear that," Chris consoled Jaime as she explained what had been happening with Jalen.

A part of her thought that she shouldn't really be discussing her love life with someone who had feelings with her. But on the other hand, she really wanted someone to vent to and he was available.

She skipped school today and was currently in her favorite place, a coffee shop near her house. Coincidentally, Chris happened to be there too and they fell into conversation.

"But enough about me, what's up with you lately?" She asked, trying to steer the conversation from herself.

"Uh, nothing much. You know still trying to fit in in the new school," He told. Chris had left Jaime's school for a while now. Now, Chris was looking at the window behind her suspiciously.

"Hold on, there's something on your face," He suddenly reached over the table between them and cupped her cheek in his palm.

'What the hell!" Jaime said in her head.

"What the hell Jaime!" A voice yelled from the door of the coffee store. She looked behind her and her heart dropped at the situation she was in.

"Baby," She said and went over to him.

"Get the fuck away from me! What is this?" He exclaimed, his eyes popping out referring to the compromising position he found her and Chris.

"Babe, it's not what it looks like I swear," Jaime shook her head. She really hoped he would believe her. The situation looked bad but she wasn't doing anything with Chris.

"I can't believe you Jaime. You're really out here doing me dirty with this dude. I can't even look at you. We're done. ," He shook his head in disappointment and hurt. He looked at Chris like he wanted to punch him, but he decided against it and just left instead.

"No, no, nooo! Jalen sto-op it was nothing. We cant be done, I love you, please don't do this to me!" She cried out while sobbing uncontrollably.

Chris quietly exited the place. He walked out with a small smile on his face. His plan had worked. She couldn't just break his heart and go scot free. He had to have taken revenge.

Whoo, that was a chapterr!!

Do you think it was fair for Chris to have taken revenge?