CHAPTER 19

( the girl in the pic is Kennedy)

Today was very different for Jamie. She was currently walking through the hallways side by side with her new friend, Holly. Never in her wildest dreams would she have thought she would be friends with Holly and be in a weird place with Kennedy.

Speaking of Kennedy, Jamie missed her a lot even though she didn't support Kenny's view of the whole situation of things, she realized she was just trying to look out for Chris.

"I'll see you after class," Holly told Jamie as they separated to their various classes.

"Yeah, bye," She replied as she headed to Literature class she had with both Kenny and Jalen. Finally she would get to see Jalen after they didn't really see each other yesterday due to busy schedules.

She went in and took a seat in front of where he usually sat. He wasn't here yet, meaning he was definitely late to school. Kennedy changed her seat and sat at the front row, far away from her.

"Sorry I'm late," Jalen's voice rushed in with him as he apologized to the teacher and quickly sat down. His voiced sounded tense, something was wrong.

"Babe, you good?" She tapped his back and asked, receiving no reply. Why was he ignoring her? She tapped him again

"Bruh, stop tapping me," He snapped at her finally turning back to see her, his face held an irritated expression.

'Bruh? Since when did I become 'bruh'. What the hell is wrong with him' Jaime thought and decided to leave him alone and just meet him at lunch.

She took a glance at Kennedy to see if she had a doing in this, but stopped quickly. Maybe he was just having an off day.

***

The bell rang and Jaime took a sigh of both relieve and anxiousness. She was to meet Jalen now and she was scared that Kennedy had mentioned the Chris issue to him.

After putting her books in her locker , she headed to the cafeteria where she saw Jalen, Justin, Armani, Rakeem and Kennedy sitting. She took a deep breath before walking to the table.

"Hey guys," She greeted and was welcomed to silence , before Armani said 'hey' which got him hit by Justin, signifying that no one was meant to speak to her.

"I don't understand, what's wrong with you guys?" She questioned but when she got no reply, just decided to sit down on the empty chair next to her boyfriend.

Just as she sat down, the whole group stood up and left, leaving Jamie alone on that table. As they did this, tears formed in her eyes. She had never been humiliated like this, she literally felt like shit.

With her eyes clouded with tears, she stood up and ran to the bathroom, deciding to spend lunch time there.

Do you think that was a little too mean to Jaime or was it well deserved ? Do you also think Jaime is a bad friend or no? Leave answers in the comments please.

I'f we get 5 votes or more in this chapter, I'll post 2 chapters at once.
- Debbie <3