CHAPTER 18

10 minutes late for school, Jalen walked fast on the street to his school. He and Armani were up all night playing the new game that had just dropped and he had overslept this morning.

Even though he was meant to be sober about being late for school, he was really just eager to see Jamie. They didn't have their usual late night calls yesterday and he had missed hearing the voice of his love.

As he hurried through the streets, he felt someone bump into him from the side.

"Hey, watch where you're going man," Jalen said in irritation.

The man by his side looked to him and stopped. "Oh, look who we fucking have here, It's the bitch's boyfriend," The man said with a deep chuckle.

"Who the fuck are you?" Jalen questioned, and the man took of his sunglasses and he realized the man was Chris.

"Are yall still dating?" Chris asked eagerly as they kept walking.

"I'm dating Jamie if that's what you're asking," Jalen told him, still feeling an uneasiness in Chris.

"So, you don't know," Chris shook his head.

"Know what?"

"We went on a date last Saturday. We've been hooking up too," Chris stated with a proud smirk on his face.

"Nigga what?" Jalen stopped in his tracks in a state of confusion. Did this dude just say he had been hooking up with Jamie? His Jamie? No, there was probably a mixup somewhere.

"Dude I don't think you've got the right Jamie. The Jamie I'm dating would never cheat on me," Jalen informed proudly.

"Alright man, its your choice if you decide not to believe me. Its just so crazy to think that you thought me and her were only friends," Chris said as he laughed and turned to the opposite direction of the street, leaving a very angry Jalen.

So the rumors were true. So, Jamie wasn't just friends with Chris, she was hooking up with him too?

How could he be so dumb to fall in love with her? He was a player before, but right now he just got his heart broken.

This chapter is a little short, but the next chapter makes up for it. Also, let me know if you enjoy long or short chapters in the comments. Thanks for reading

-Debbie <3