CHAPTER 12

Holly was so excited. She had just received a text from Jalen, telling her to meet him in his room. He said he wanted to tell her something important. He had finally come to his senses. He had finally realized that both of them were meant to be.

Quickly, she got dresses and snuck out of her house to his own. She went in through his window as usual.

She knocked the window and he opened it. She was welcomed to his tall figure. He was shirtless as he was only wearing joggers.

"Hey baby," She greeted.

"Uh, hey Holly,"

"You said you needed to talk. I assume you've finally come to your senses and missed me," She said

"Yeah. That's what I called you for. I realized that you're the one for me. Jamie was a mistake. So will you take me back?" He asked

"Oh my goodness, of course Ill be your girlfriend again," She said and gave him a kiss.

*****

Jamie was at her locker. She was in school early today, currently waiting for Kennedy to show up. As she waited she heard some kind of noise coming from the school doors.

Hollys posse were coming in but Holly wasnt there. In the middle of the crowd was Jalen and Holly walking in together, hand in hand.

Wait, what?

As they walked past her Jalen gave her a quick glance followed by a smirk. She was speechless.

"Hey girl," Kennedy called out to her.

"Kenny, I just saw the weirdest thing. I think Jalen and Holly are together," She spoke.

"Seriously? Jalen is such a douche bag. How could he do this to you an immediately start dating Holly, She sympathized.

Even though they were broken up, Jamie couldnt help but feel a ting of jealousy and hurt. So she really didnt mean anything to him. She was just a stupid bet after all.

Over the weekend she had started to think back to his apologies. She was starting to miss him and she decided that she would talk to him today but now hes with Holly.

*****

Jamie felt like Chris was up to something. He had been acting different. Ever since they had made up, they had been hanging out a lot more.

He invited her to this party, told her how beautiful she looked (which he had never said to her before) and held her hand as they walked to the partys location.

"Are you sure I should even be here? I dont even know whose party this is," She asked feeling a little out of place.

"You're good. Its a birthday party of a girl who goes to my school, she invited a lot of people from yours too. Also I really wanted to spend time with you," He smiled.

That last part made her blush. Lately, Chris had been making her feel special. He had even taken Jalen away from her mind a little. Though, she still thought about Jalen every now and there. She still cared about him.

Walking in, she saw some familiar faces from school. Some people looked really drunk, there was beer pong going on in one room, some people were in the pool, some in the kitchen making drinks and some just dancing.

"Im gonna go get us some drinks," Jamie suggested and went into the kitchen. She wanted to go there because the kitchen was the least crowded place in the house.

As she looked through the selection of drinks and alcohol, something caught her eye. She saw someone who looked like Jalen in the living room where a crowd of people were dancing.

She got a closer look and realized it was Jalen and he was dancing with Holly. Jamie couldnt hide the fact that she was jealous. She decided she wanted to make him jealous too and decided to find Chris and dance with him to make Jalen mad.

"Hey, I dont want drinks anymore, lets just dance," Jamie said to Chris when she found him and dragged him to the dance floor close to Jalen and Holly.

As she danced, her eyes shifted and met with Jalen who had been staring at her the whole time. He had the same look he would have when he ever lost a game, angry. His jaws were visibly clenched and she knew he was pissed.

"This is really nice isn't it," Chris said distracting her from her gaze on Jalen.

"Yeah, it is," She replied.

"You know, in this past weeks weve been hanging out, I realized that ive been growing feelings for you. I mean, Ive always had a little crush on you but right now, it feels more than a little crush, He told her," his eyes piercing into hers.

Jamie was stunned although she had recently been noticing his small acts of affection. Even though she was flattered by his little speech, she couldnt ignore the fact that she hadnt fully gotten over Jalen.

She didnt know what to say. She didnt want to reject him and lose her friend but she also didnt want to lie to him and say she liked him too.

Her eyes met Jalens and suddenly he whispered something to Holly and she began to twerk on him. He then glanced at her with a smirk on his face knowing Jamie was now pissed.

With no hesitation, she kissed Chris and began making out with him. A smile formed on her lips as she knew that Jalen would be fuming right now.

"Woah, that was uhh. Surprising," Chris said as he was in a state of shock. He was not expecting her o kiss him.

"Well, Im full of surprises," She said wearing a sly smirk on her face.

When she glanced through the crowd for Jalen, he wasnt there anymore. He had stormed off in anger leaving Holly on the dance floor.

Jamie smiled as she realized that this was how she was going to get back at him. She was going to make him jealous, he would come to beg her and she would forgive him because she had really missed him.

She wanted him back but she was going to play mind games on him as he had done on her.