Chapter 1

this book is inspired by Garden by humansunflower

Check out my new book : flashback to love.

where the hell is she Jamie thought as she anxiously played with her fingers while sitting on the steps to the apartment she shared with her mother and sister.

"the life of your party has arrived!" Kennedy yelled as she appeared in front of Jamie doing jazz hands to be dramatic.

"took you long enough," Jaime scoffed while getting up as they began walking through the crowded streets of New York to school.

"HEY SHORTY!" a random dude from across the street called out to Jamie, who just rolled her eyes in response.

She had kind of gotten used to the inappropriate cat-calls from strangers. See, Jamie looked just like her mom who was the formerly a model. Jamie was quite tall at a height of 5'9, thin, browned skinned due to her confusing indian and african-american ethnicity, long hair, black freckles or birthmarks scattered around her nose and upper cheeks and her distinct feature, her piercing green and brown eyes. She had heterochromia which meant she had a mixture of 2 eye colors and she had green eyes with splashes of brown in each eye.

In all, Jamie was beautiful just like her other family members which included her mother, sister, aunt and 2 cousins. She had a very small family.

"ready for senior year mie?" Kennedy asked

"girl, i'm ready to get the hell up outta here, high school is honestly draining. It's not the vibes" Jamie responded with a light chuckle as they walked into the school building.

*********************(TIME SKIP)**************

Jaime side eyed Holly as  she walked into class 30 minutes late as usual. There had always been  bad blood between Jamie and Holly ever since 8th grade.

As  much as Jamie hated high school, she was almost like the queen bee of  the school and so was Holly and since the two queens could  not  co-exist, there is always some type of competition between them just to  prove one is better than the other.

  They had compete for grades, quizes, male attention, and all other  things. Jamie once auditioned for a school play just because she didn't  want Holly, who already auditioned to get the lead role in the play.

"oops," Holly said with a sly smirk as she knocked over Jamie's textbook while walking towards her seat.

"bitch," Jamie muttered while picking her book.

"She's on edge cuz Jalen broke up with her," Cherry, a classmate said

I wonder why he even got with that psycho in the first place

Right after Holly, Jalen walked in with a stressed expression on his face.

Jalen  was technically Jamie's family friend. Her mom had made friends with  his mom and Kennedy's mom when she first came to America.

Even  though they're families were close, they never really connected. She always thought he was arrogant and she knew he didn't like her for some weird reason. He on the other hand, thought she was  stuck-up and cocky  just like Holly so they never really had conversations unless need be.

He  did always recognize her beauty though and she also recognized his.  Jalen was a pretty boy. He had the best hair Jamie had ever seen, it was  dark and curly. He was about 6'3, thin, caramel skinned due to his Afro-Filipino ethnicity and toned mainly because of his basketball trainings.

Jalen was a big talent in the school. He ranked number 2 in the NBA prospect  rankings. He was hardworking and was out to achieve his dream which was, making it to the NBA.

"Finally the 2 latecomers have arrived. Grab your textbooks and get reading page 45 and lets move on with the class," Mr Rodriguez said as we continued class.

********

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey, i'm Debbie and this is my first story on wattpad so sorry if the first 2 chapters are short. It gets longer by chapter 3. pls vote and comment to share your thoughts and ideas. Thanks