CHAPTER 3

Saturday 5 2020 1:30pm

"What. The. Hell. Is. That?" Jamie as she watched Kennedy strut across the room showcasing her new look.

Jamie dont be like that. Its actually really cute, Kennedy replied as she eyed her look from the large mirror in Jamies room.

Kennedys dream is to become a model. But not just a model, a supermodel. She had always had that dream since she was 13 and had a feeling that the modeling career was made for her. She wanted to be the next Kendall Jenner or Bella Hadid.

She also looked like a model. She had a similar physique to Jamie which was tall and slim. She had a light brown skin tone and was blasian, her mother being Sri Lankan and her father black American. She had nice wavy dark hair and full lips. She also was always dressed to impress because she had the belief that any day from now she would be discovered by a modeling agent and so she had to keep fit and look presentable.

Jamie and Kennedy had been best friends since they were 9 years old. They knew each other the same way Jamie and Jalen knew each other which was through their mothers who were new to America when they came from their respective countries but found themselves in New York and living in the same street.

"Kenny?" Jamie said in a hush tone

"Yeah?"

"Something strange happened on Friday,"

"What, you finally killed Hollys ass," Kennedy snickered

"I wish. But, Jalen asked me something when we were coming to my house. He asked me why I didnt like him,"

"Seriously? Since when did he give a damn about what you thought about him,"

"Exactly, it was weird,"

"Girl, dont be calling it weird when you know you had a crush on him before," Kennedy blurted while raising her eyebrows.

"Shut up. That was in the 6th grade and it was just a stupid crush. It meant nothing okay," She replied defensively

"Sure..," Kenny muttered while changing back to her former clothes.

********

"Ayeee!!" Justin yelled in excitement as he won the video game him and Rakeem were playing.

"Ughh Beginners luck Justin," Rakeem retorted rolling his eyes.

Jalen, Armani and Justin were at Rakeems home chilling and playing video games as they usually do on weekends. The 4 were close friends since the start of high school.

Rakeems phone started ringing and all 4 of them stared at it.

"Do not tell me yall got back together for like the 15th fucking time," Armani said, his voice laced with a mocking tone as he began laughing and the rest laughed along.

"I dont know what the hell yall laughing at," Rakeem snapped at them while grabbing his phone to text Kennedy that he would call back.

"Bruh, you act like you married to her even though she breaks up with your ass like every damn month," Jalen stated while shoving a bunch of chips into his mouth.

"There's something called love but I dont think any of you niggas would know what it is," Rakeem retorted

"SIMP!!" The other 3 boys yelled while bursting into fits of laughter.

"You guys just mad cause yall cant get girlfriends for yourselves,"

"We dont need girlfriends," Armani said confidently

"Dont even say nothing when Jamie rejected you in the worst way last month," Rakeem stated as the other 2 began laughing as Armani got angry.

Armani had liked Jamie for a long time and his friends knew. Lat month at a party hosted by one of their friends, he was dared to go to her ask her out but she rejected him which left him embarrassed.

"Whatever, I didnt even like her that much," He spat

"You just dont know how to get girls," Jalen said

"True though. On the other hand, Jalen here is amazing with ladies," Justin said nodding his head while Jalen smirked.

"Oh yeah? If youre so good at getting girls, then lets make a little bet," Armani suggested.

Jalen knew whatever Armani was going to say would be stupid but then again, Jalen was not one to reject a challenge. His pride always got the best of him.

"Sure," He replied

"Okay, if youre able to get with Jamie before the end of next month, Ill give you a 1ooo dollars and if not, your reputation with the ladies is ruined," Armani offered

"I dont think this is a good idea. Shes Kennedys best friend so this could mean trouble for me if she finds out that my friends planned to break Jamies heart," Rakeem said, his voice carrying a little worry.

"Dude whatever, if she breaks up with you, yall will get back together 2 weeks later as usual," Justin chuckled

Jalen thought about the consequences of him accepting the bet. It could ruin the relationship of his mom with Jamies and it could fuck up Rakeems relationship with Kennedy. But on the other hand, if he won the bet, which he was pretty sure he would, he would gain a 1000 dollars and bragging rights.

"I'll do it. Just get my money ready soon cuz this is gonna be easy," He accepted with a sly smirk.

He would simply gain her trust for a while then break her heart but she would get over it. This would make him easy money and no one gets hurt. Well, apart from Jamie.