CHAPTER 14

"And then I told her bitch nuh-uh, you not gon call me a hoe and then get away with it," Kennedy explained a recent situation to Jamie as they were walking home from school.

"That girl Cherry always thinks someone is out to get her boyfriend. I'm like girl chill, you're man aint even cute. No one thinks Jimmy is cute," Jamie responded and they both laughed.

As they continued walking home,  they heard a loud voice.

"JAMIE!" Chris yelled while running towards her.

"Dude what??" She said feeling alarmed.

"I've been calling after you for a while. I wanted to see you," He told with a smile that exposed his dimples.

Jamie had been purposefully avoiding him. Once she cleared things up with Jalen she realized that she didn't want Chris company anymore. She was also avoiding him because she didn't want him to think that she liked him.

Over the last couple of days he had sent her flowers and even boxes of chocolate. She had been planning to tell him that the kiss didn't mean anything but she was too scared to crush his feelings.

"I've missed you. Did you get the flowers I sent," He asked

"Yeah. They were beautiful," She said while forcing up a smile. She did feel bad about lying to him.

"Cool. I really enjoyed last Friday and I was hoping that we could go out on Saturday," He asked.

She was about to make up an excuse to reject the offer but as she looked up to his hopeful eyes and beaming smile, she realized she didnt have it in her to say no.

"Uhh, sure I'll go," She accepted.

"Alright. The place is a surprise so I'll just pick you up. See you on Saturday babe," He said and then kissed her cheek before leaving.

"Girl, you should feel like shit," Kennedy told her once he was out of sight.

"I just couldnt say no, he would have been crushed," She defended.

"You're so wrong for this," Kenny muttered in disagreement.

*****

When Jamie arrived home, the door was opened to her by her sister, Anncy who had a wide smile on her face.

"Why are you smiling?" Jamie questioned her sister.

"Oh nothing," She replied with an even wider smile.

"Why are you being weirder than usual,"

"I'm not being weird so just go to your room. Hurry, She said while hurrying Jamie to her room.

As Jamie walked to her room she tried to think of reasons why Anncy was rushing her up there.

It wasn't her birthday, so they couldnt be throwing her a surprise party. So then what was it?

When she opened her door she was welcomed to a beautiful sight of red roses on her bed arranged in the shape of a heart, some scented candles lit all over the room along with flower petals.

"Oh my God," She muttered to herself in shock.

As flattered as she was, there was a little feeling in her that hoped this wasnt from Chris.

"Hey," She saw Jalen appear from a side of the room.

"You did this?" She asked with a feeling of relief while blushing.

"Yeah. I wanted to let you know that Im really sorry. Making a bet out of you was stupid to say the least. At first it was all a bet but during those weeks which turned into months that we spent together, I realized that It was more than an illusion. I realized that I love you," He spoke to her, looking into her beautiful green and brown eyes.

"Oh, Jalen," She managed to get out as her eyes watered and she pulled him in for a kiss.

Their kiss felt like bliss. He told her he loved her and in that moment she realized she didnt even care about the bet or even Holly. She just cared about him, her lover.

"I love you too," She confessed as they pulled apart.