CHAPTER 10

Jalen was at the schools basketball court AGAIN. He had been coming here to practice but mainly to avoid his girlfriend.

He felt so guilty that he had kissed Holly. What was he even thinking?

He couldnt bear to see her. He was certain his heart would explode from the guilt, so he decided to avoid her for the meantime.

Well that was until he heard a loud voice nearing the court.

"JALEN YOU SON OF A BITCH! " Jamie yelled as she burst into the court filled with anger and tears in her eyes.

"Shit, He muttered to himself," feeling unprepared for what was about to happen.

"Hey ba- WHAT THE HELL," He exclaimed as she slapped him across the face.

"I hate you. I frickin hate you. How could you do this to me? So everything, was a lie huh. So I was a motherfucking bet huh. This whole this is a fucking illusion isnt it,"

"Babe Im so sorry I didnt tell you," Jalen got out trying to at least calm her down.

"You're sorry that you kissed that bitch Holly, or you're sorry that you lied to me," Jamie said

"You know, I feel dumb right now. I mean, how is it possible for you to hate me one day then start walking me to school the next day. I should have known there was a catch to it," She shook her head.

"But I wasnt all a bet. At first it was about the bet , but then I started liking you for who you are. I honestly fell in love," Jalen managed to say before she began laughing.

"So now youre going to lie to my face and say you love me. Just fuck off Jalen. I hate you," She exclaimed and left the court.

*****

Jamie was walking to Kennedys house. She needed some sort of comfort right now and the only place she could get it from was her best friend.

She got to the doorstep and knocked when she heard, Could you get the door please, From Kennedy

Who was she telling to get the door? Her mom was definitely at work by this time. Who was in there?

The door opened and it was Chris who opened it.

Karma is a bitch isnt it. Jalen had just hurt her and now she was standing in front of the person she had hurt.

"H-h-hey, Chris," She greeted awkwardly as she felt ashamed of her previous actions to him

Chris didnt respond. Instead, he went back into the house and Jamie followed.

"Hey girl, I didnt know you were coming over. I know theres some tension between you two," Kennedy stated apologetically.

"Uh, its fine actually. I was just leaving," Chris informed before grabbing his bag and leaving the house.

"I feel so bad for cancelling on him when he needed me the most. Now look at me, I lost him as a friend just for Jalen who cheated on me," Jamie said cried.

"You confirmed it?"

"Yep. I found out that his relationship with me was all a bet with Armani. He also kissed Holly, the Saturday that he was avoiding me," Jamie informed her.

"Awwn, Im so sorry. Guys are trash anyway and Im sure right now hes regretting what he did to you," Kennedy said while pulling her into a hug.

"Come on, lets go to my room and watch some shitty dating show. I know that always cracks you up," Kenny said as they grabbed some ice cream and went up the stairs.

He's such an asshole

Enjoying this book? Check out my new book called ; Flashback to Love.
It's an amazing romance book that'll keep you wanting more
-Debbie <3