CHAPTER 15

The last few days had been amazing. Jamie and Jalen got back together and had been spending as much time as possible together.

Everyday Holly would insult Jamie, give her dirty looks or even try to get her into school trouble but Jamie could care less. She was so happy that she paid no attention to Holly and her antics.

Although she was happy she had still been thinking about how to get rid of Chris. She needed to let him know that she didnt like him and that she was back together with Jalen.

"Babe, we really need to go to the fair on Saturday," Jalen suggested as they walked to the cafeteria.

"I can't. I have something to do on Saturday," She said quickly as she remembered her date with Chris on Saturday.

"But you love the fair. Whats so important on Saturday that you have to do?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"Uh. Its just I have to help Anncy with her science project. Yeah, thats what Im doing," She lied.

"Oh, then I can come over and help. Then when were done, we can go to the fair," He offered

"No, no, no. Its meant to be like a sister bonding thing too. No boyfriends allowed," She said, hoping he'd believe her.

"Wow, so i'ts like that. I should make a no girlfriends allowed party," He joked.,

"Oh hell no. Its just gonna be a party full of hoes," She stated and he laughed.

They arrived to the cafeteria and spotted the table with Kennedy, Rakeem, Armani and Justin.

"Hey guys," Jamie greeted and all except Kennedy responded.

Jamie was beginning to get confused about Kennedy. Kenny hadnt been speaking to her since two days ago and had also been avoiding her. She wondered what caused this.

"Aye, who wanna trade their snacks for my sandwich," Armani asked.

"Bruh aint nobody want your disgusting sandwich. It legit smells like rotten eggs in dirty socks," Rakeem said

"You mad hurtful," Armani joked and pretended to cry as the table laughed.

"I know some people on this table are hurtful to other peoples feelings," Kennedy said, taking a shot at Jamie.

"Meaning what?" Jamie responded.

"You know damn well what I mean,"

"No, actually I don't. Can I talk to you for a sec," Jamie asked and they stood from the table to a more secluded part of the cafeteria.

"What the fuck is your problem? Why have you been avoiding me and what was the meaning of what you just said on the table?" Jamie demanded.

"You're not being fair to Chris," Kenny said.

"That's what this is about? Why do you care so much if I hurt his feelings?"

"Because hes our friend. We used to be so close and he would literally fight for you so it fucking hurts to see you treat him like this. Youre leading him on," Kenny yelled at her.

"However I treat him, is none of your frickin business. And instead of focusing on my life, worry about your dying relationship with Rakeem because we both know he stares at the ass of every bitch who walks past him," Jamie yelled back and stormed off.

Talk about friendship fallouts.

*****

Jalen and Jamie were walking home from school. She decided to walk with him since her and Kennedy had gotten into a fight. She just didnt understand why Kennedy was so concerned about her fake relationship with Chris.

"Babe, we really need to get matching clothes," Jamie suggested to her boyfriend.

"You just love us matching, dont you?" He laughed.

"Of course, I want every bitch to know that youre o-," She was cut short by the sound of her name. She looked behind and saw Chris coming towards her and Jalen.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"I'll be right back," She told Jalen and quickly went to meet Chris before dragging him to a more secluded part of the street, an alley.

"Dude, what the fuck do you want?" She lashed out at him.

"Chill, why are you yelling," He asked defensively.

"I- sorry, Im just stressed from school today. But you cant keep yelling my name through the streets every day, Gosh,"

"I just wanted to make sure you were still on for our date tomorrow," He asked for confirmation.

At this moment, Jamie contemplated just telling him the truth and saving herself the stress of lying. But as usual she didnt tell him the truth. Instead, she just decided she would tell him tomorrow on their date.

"Uh- yeah, sure,"

"Cool. One question though, why are you with your ex, Jalen?" He questioned.

"Uhhh. Were in the same group for some school work, so we decided to do the project at my place," She lied.

"Oh. Do you want me to follow you guys, so you dont feel awkward?" He suggested.

"No, no. Im fine," She rejected, hoping that hed stop talking so that she could get back to Jalen.

"Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow beautiful," He said with a smirk before exiting the alley.

Jamie breathed a breath of relief before quickly rushing back to meet Jalen.

"What was that all about?" Jalen asked with suspicion.

"It was nothing. He was just asking me to be his assistant in one of his upcoming photo shoots," She lied once again.

"Uh, okay," Jalen accepted and they went back to walking.

Everything was going to be fine. All she needed to do was meet Chris tomorrow and tell him the truth and then everything would be fine, right?