CHAPTER 17

Jamie walked into school with a plan on her mind. She was going to confront Holly, and confrontation didnt work, she would put away her pride and beg her not to show Jalen those pictures of her on a date with Chris.

Her relationship with Jalen was wonderful right now and she really didnt want to ruin it. Also she and Kennedy were not friends anymore and she lost Chris as a friend too. She couldnt afford to lose Jalen too.

She did feel bad about what she said to Kennedy though. She missed her best friend but Kennedy had been ignoring her.

Jamie walked into the girls bathroom because she knew Holly would be there. Holly was always in the bathroom in the morning. She was either gossiping to her posse or doing her makeup.

This time, when Jamie went in, she saw Holly sitting on the sink, crying. Jamie wasnt sure now if she wanted to interfere in this but she needed to make sure Holly wouldnt show the photos to Jalen, so she just went on with this.

"Uh, Holly are you okay?" She asked cautiously.

"I'm fine. I'm fucking perfect," Holly quickly said as she wiped her tears, showing the tear-ruined-mascara on her face.

Jamie was more alarmed now. She had actually never seen Holly look this broken.

"Holly, whats actually wrong. I know Im not your friend but you look genuinely broken and now I'm concerned,"

"I'm just.. I"m so lonely. I dont have real friends, those girls are just clout chasers who dont care abut my problems, none of the boys like me for my personality, only my looks. No one cares about me. No one," Holly cried sincerely.

"Holly, Im sure thats not true. People do care about you. Im sure your parents care,"

Jamie now went to sit beside Holly. "Look, even though It may seem like I hate you, I dont. Remember we used to be buddies in the 3rd grade," She reminded Holly.

"That was ages ago. When I didn't care about being popular. Look at me now though, popular and yet lonely," She sobbed.

"Even though you thought I wasn't cool enough to be your friend, I still care about you and I know that deep inside, that nice girl who frickin loved high school musical and always wore pink is still there. And honestly, I miss her and I really want to be her friend again," Jamie offered.

"You really want to be friends again?" Holly asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. I really do. I mean, I havent been an amazing friend to my other friends lately and Im kinda lonely too," Jamie vented.

"What about Jalen?"

"I'm scared that I'll lose him. Because of those pictures of me and Chris on a date," She confessed.

"But, why did you cheat on him?" Holly questioned.

"I didn't even cheat on him. I used Chris to make him jealous when we were broken up and we met up at the restaurant so that I could tell him that I didnt really like him and I only used him to get back at Jalen," Jamie explained the dilemma.

"Oooh. Well, you dont have to worry. I won't show him those pictures," Holly assured her.

"Really? Thank you so much," Jamie said as she pulled her new friend into a bear hug.

Holly smiled. She was happy to finally have a real friend that wasn't using her for clout.

Jamie also was relieved. Now, her relationship with Jalen wasn't going to be ruined and even though she had lost Kenned y as a friend, she had just found a new friend in Holly.

Things weren't so bad anymore.

Right?