CHAPTER 9

Jamie had noticed that Jalen had been acting weird. Like, really weird.

He had been avoiding her. He had even been going for extra basketball practice just to avoid her.

He had been acting like this ever since the day Holly said she held a secret that would destroy their relationship.

Jamie couldnt help but fear that Jalen was cheating on her. That would explain why he had been acting weird.

Now, she was in her room with Kennedy, thinking about him while Kennedy talked about some chic who she got in a fight with.

"And then I was like hell no girl when she Jamie, are you even listening to me?" Kennedy asked, obviously annoyed that her friend wasnt listening to her.

"Uhhh.. I just zoned out a little,"

"Girl, what is wrong with you? Youve been zoning out a lot lately, whats wrong?" her friend asked.

"I think Jalens cheating on me," Jamie replied sorrowfully.

"Wait- what!"

"Hes been acting mad weird lately and last week holly said she had a secret that could ruin us and I think that means hes been cheating with Holly,"

"Awwn, honey youve got to confront him. You cant let him cheat on you and then be crying about it, hes the one meant to be crying," Kennedy said while pulling her friend in for a hug.

"I guess I'll ask him about it at school tomorrow. Hopefully my accusations are wrong,"

*****

During history class all Jamie could think about was how she was going to confront Jalen about cheating on her.

She was praying and hoping that she was wrong about this whole thing. Maybe he was just avoiding her because he was stressed about his upcoming basketball game.

The bell rung for break which meant it was time for her to go and meet him.

As she was walking towards the gym to meet him, she decided to go to the bathroom to give herself a quick pep talk about this situation.

Entering the girls bathroom, she saw Holly and her posse there discussing about kissing some dude.

"Oh, the ugly gremlins here," Holly said and her posse snickered.

"Youre just bitter that Jalens my boyfriend and not yours," Jamie shot back.

"Oh I wouldnt be too sure about that," Holly said with a sly smirk.

Although Jamie was a little scared about the statement Holly had just made, she decided to ignore her and headed to the sink to wash her face.

"Oh so youre ignoring me. Anyways since youre here I might as well include you in our gossip. I was just telling my girls here about my romantic kiss with Jalen on Saturday," Holly said smugly.

"WHATT!" Jamie exclaimed.

Jamie was right. He had been cheating on her. She felt so angry in this moment. Why would he?

With a feeling of rage and hurt, Jamie made a run to Holly and attacked her. Within moments, there had been a full blown fight between them.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" Holly spat as her posse separated the fight.

"You kissed my boyfriend and youre asking me that question? Bitch what the hell is wrong with YOU!"

"Do you really think youre even his real girlfriend? Youre just a bet," Holly said, panting heavily.

"What are you even talking about," Jamie replied with an eye roll.

"Oh, he actually didnt tell you. Well, on Saturday, I was at youre boyfriends house. He invited me to beg me not to tell you," Holly said.

"Thats not true," Jamie shook her head in disbelief.

"Oh honey, I wouldnt lie about this. You were just a bet. Armani bet Jalen money that he wouldnt be able to get with you. He only started dating you because he wanted to win the bet. You know how competitive he gets," She informed slyly.

As much as she didnt want to, Jamie believed Holly. Their relationship was all just a stupid bet with Armani. She felt like a fool. All the while she was falling for him, he was probably making fun of her with Armani. He never liked her.

Everything was a lie.