Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

"Chrissyy" Jamie yelled as she leaped into Chris' inked arms.

Christopher was her second best friend. Her, Kennedy and Chris were like triplets. Their friendship was unmatched and they really did love one another like siblings.

A lot of people misunderstood her friendship with Chris for a relationship due to how close they were. Jamie had thought of the possibility of them dating but always pushed the thought aside because she was sure it would never work out.

We are friends and will always remain friends. She would think to herself.

"Wassup mie,"

"I'm good,"

" So, I hope you remember that you promised to be my assistant at the shoot ?" He asked

"How could I forget when that's all you talk about," Jamie replied with an eyeroll.

"of course. That shoot is going to be amazing in my portfolio. I need an amazing portfolio if I'm ever going to get that scholarship to art school."

Chris was an artist, a photographer to be exact. His art was impeccable and Jamie had always been his assistant. She had always supported his big dream of making photography his full time job and being amazing at it too.

Chris was attractive to be honest. He was 6'1, lightskinned, had tattoos all over both of his arms and legs, he had pink lips, a goatee and an infectious laugh which always made everyone around him smile.

"AYE! Jamie," Jalen yelled from across the field.

"yeah?"

"my mom said we going to your place, she's not going to be back from the hospital anytime soon," 

This happens a lot. Jalen's mom works as a nurse and sometimes gets off work late so Jamie's mom offers to have Jalen and his sister, Jurnee stay in her house till she gets back.

"Oh okay, just give me 15 minutes and I'll be ready,"

" I don't got 15 minutes to wait on you. I'm tired and I want to leave this school right now and we both know I would have no problem leaving you behind if not that my mom insists we get to your house together," he said, his voiced laced with attitude.

"Ughhh fine. You always gotta be a selfish nigga," She succumbed while getting ready to leave school.

"Bye Chris," she hugged him goodbye.

"bye Jamie. See you,"

************

Jamie strolled through the streets of Harlem with Jalen. There was an awkward silence between them as they ambled through the somewhat empty street.

"Hey," He said

"Umm hi-i?" Jamie replied, a little bemused at him talking to her

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure," she replied

"Why do you always act so weird when I'm around,"

"well ...... ummm," she said as she got lost in her thoughts while trying to

"You're doing it again,"

"Whatever, I just don't like your vibe. You seem extremely arrogant and I really don't like that.

"I'm not arrogant," He scoffed in anger

"But you are. You just feel like since you are the best in basketball, you get this power that makes you more important than everybody else and it's so fucking annoying," She snapped

"So, you don't like me because I'm the best fucking player in all high schools in New York and you're not the best in anything?" He stated with a sly smile resting on his face.

" You're also a man whore don't forget that,"

"I'm not a whore when it's the ladies that come to me. I mean come on, how do you expect a fly guy like me to not have any ladies," He bragged.

"You know what, forget this," Jamie said as she walked faster leaving Jalen behind to his laughing.