Chapter 20: Always in my Mind

Kal's POV

   Bells phone is ringing, but she is not picking my calls and this is getting me bothered and pissed as hell.

   Ever since she walked out of the restaurant fuming yesterday evening, I have been calling and texting her, hoping she would pick up and tell me why she decided to leave in such a manner.

   To be honest, I was embarrassed yesterday. The waiter even looked sorry as I tossed my credit card at him and paid for the untouched food.

   The amount I spent on the meal isn't my problem at all. It was the manner with which she had left and as I pace about in my office, I keep on calling her number and hoping she picks up.

   When I got home last night, my parents were home. It was a thing of surprise. I spent little time with them because I was angry and unsettled. Even my mother who had been away for close to three months was bothered but I told her not to worry.

   As soon I woke up, I tried her number again and dropped her a text, asking why she was ignoring my calls. It got to a point that I became so worried that she was in danger. I had to give Achilles a late call, requesting for Susan's number so I would call her early in the morning and ask after her friend.

   Susan picked up and told me that Bells was well and fine. When I asked why she was pissed at me, Susan said she had no idea.

   I jerk out of my mind when I hear a knock on my door.

   "Come in."

   The door is pushed open and Achilles steps in looking weird in a dress suit and spiky hair. "What's up, man? You asked for my presence."

   Ignoring his question, I ask. "What the fuck did you do to your hair? Are you going to be performing at the circus tonight?"

   Achilles' face drops. He is offended by how blunt I am being right now. "What do you mean? I don't look good?"

   I shake my head. "Not at all."

   Achilles walks to the mirror at the other side of my office and checks his hair out. I hear him mutter, "Shit." before coming back to where I am standing.

   "What's the occasion, though?"

   Achilles sighs, looking disoriented. "I have a date with Susan tonight and I want to look good for her."

   I roll my eyes. "You overdid yourself, man. You're okay without all the excess makeup on your hair. Drop by at the barber and have your hair remade."

   "Sure, I will." Achilles replies and begins to touch his hair, frowning slightly st the revelation of how stupid he looks right now.

   "That is by the way. When will I be getting the files from your department? The marketing department submitted it to you last week and you all should be done by now."

   "Yes," Achilles says, going back to business mode. "We're done with everything. My secretary is compiling the files. It will be submitted to you soon."

   "That's better." I reply and walk back to my seat. I begin flipping through files and when I look up after a few minutes, I see Achilles standing on the spot.

   "You want to talk about something?" I ask.

   "Not particularly,"  He replies. I just want to ask if Bells has picked up your calls or replied to your text.

   I scoff and return back to the file I am going through. "No, she hasn't. And it's getting me worked up. I can't even concentrate because I need to know why she walked out on our date in that manner."

   "You wouldn't have cared this much if it were some other lady, right? She's not worth the stress, Kal. She's just one of those women too."

   I give my friend a hard look. "She's different. You do not know her the way I do."

   To that, Achilles throws back his head and bursts into laughter. "I just think that she has a way with your body. She knows what buttons to press. She's just a stripper, bro. Forget about her."

   "Mind your business." I grit out, getting angry at my friend for being this shallow minded. "You have a thing with Susan who is also a stripper and not for once have I been judgemental about you guy's relationship."

   "I'm sorry, man," Achilles sees that he's wrong and apologizes immediately. "You misunderstood what I meant."

   "It's okay," I tell him dismissively. "You're dismissed. Please, I need to get the files before the end of today. Hurry your secretary up."

   "Sure." Achilles replies and leaves.

   Before the door shuts, a hand comes around the jamb and holds onto it before pushing it open.

   "Achilles! Didn't you see me coming?" An annoying voice screeches and I slap my forehead in frustration.

   Allegra is around again. I don't want her coming to my office. I already warned her but she's so stubborn.

   Achilles quickly apologizes and hurries off while she enters, shutting the door behind her carefully.

   When she sees me seated behind my desk, she smiles and hurries towards me with her high heels.

   I feel soft arms wrap around my neck and a lean body collides with mine. My nose is overcome by her extreme fragrance that makes me want to choke to death.

   "My love," She drawls in an annoying voice and plants a kiss on my lips which I hate so much. "I have missed you."

   "What are you doing in my office by this time of the day, Allegra?" I ask instead. Slowly, I pry her arms off my body and she pouts.

   "I miss you," She says, slipping her long fingers into my hair. "I am free today so I decided to pay you a surprise visit."

   "Oh, I am most definitely surprised." I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

   "I'll not be wasting so much time here today. I just wanted to see your handsome face. I have to be somewhere this evening." She says, playing with my hair.

   "Okay." I reply, watching her with a hint of annoyance. My mood today is not entertaining and everything about her is annoying me. "What do you want?"

   She wiggles her eyebrows and the thin strap of her sheer red dress falls off her shoulders, revealing pale breasts. Turning, she throws her leg over to the other side of my chair so she is sitting astride on me.

   She begins to grind against me and a groan escapes my throat. I do not want to do this with Allegra. Another woman is on my mind. But I am pissed and I need to release tension. Maybe I'd be able to think clearly.

   My hands cup her buttocks and I lift her up as I stand up from my seat. Her behind lands on the table and I clear all the files and papers to give us space.

   Get this over with so she can leave me in peace.

   "I want you, Karanos. Right now." Allegra whispers and slides her dress up, revealing her ample thighs. I soak in her matching lingerie and my member throbs against the fly of my slacks. Her eyes travel down to my waistline and slowly, she stretches out her hands and unclips the hook while unzipping my trousers.

   "I want you inside of me, this moment." She cries.

   Ripping her panties off her body, I toss it behind me and position her so I am able to slip into her.

   I skip foreplay with her. I no longer fancy anything about her. She's not attractive to me. She's just an object I need to satisfy my desire before I discard her.

   So, I slip into her wet regions and she cries out in pleasure. My secretary is probably hearing her loud moans and the screech of my desk on the tiled floors of my office, but I do not care. I am only looking for release.

   I get tired of that position. Lifting her up, I keep thrusting into her ferociously as I walk to the floor to ceiling windows. I push her against the glass and her fingers dig into my back. Thanks to the suit I am putting on, I would have been sporting claw marks after this ordeal.

   All I can think about is Bells. Her beautiful ebony, shimmering against the club's strobe light and she maneuvers around the pole. How she is able to dance exotically and drive me nuts.

   Allegra doesn't matter to me right now and as soon as I come, I let her drop to the floor, hurrying into the adjoining bathroom to clean up myself.

   When I return, Allegra has already put on her dress. She is frowning and I know that's because of the sex we just had. She noticed something off and I am glad that she is smart enough to know that throughout, I wasn't really focused on her.

   "Have you found another woman?" She asks, coming to stand before me as I put myself in order.

   I avoid eye contact with her and go to my drawer to pick out my perfume bottle. Spritzing them around me, I shut it and return it to my drawer.

   "None of your business." I say to her in reply. "You should leave, I have a lot to do today."