Chapter 48: Making Appearance

CHAPTER 48

Taleela's POV

I sigh, deciding to give him a call instead. If he wants to see me, it should be at my office.

This time, we're taking things to an official level, and as the CEO of BSL, he'll meet me at my office.

Kal picks at the second ring, and I hear a male voice speaking in the background. After a few moments, a door shuts, and he says.

"Hey, Jemma!"

"You sent a text about needing to see me," I begin, emphasizing 'needing.' Meaning it might be something urgent.

"Yes, I did," he replies. "We need to talk, "

"About what?" I ask, walking into my room.

Kal sighs. "That's the reason I sent that text. Stop sounding so professional. We're way past that."

I laugh. "No, we aren't. This is just the beginning, baby steps."

"Stop it, Jemmah. I know you're the CEO of BSL, but that doesn't change what we had in the past, does it?"

I contemplate for a while, weighing the sentences. "I am not sure about that."

"Stop being difficult."

Deciding that it's about time we ended this conversation, I say, "About you needing to talk, we'll do that at my office on Monday. You're leaving for Greece when?"

"Next weekend," he replies. "But do you have to be this way? Why don't you invite me over to your pl—"

"I'll see you in my office; goodbye."

Monday morning, I am busy finding a suitable outfit for work and answering calls from Nikolai, who needs my help setting things up.

"You can share it before I come in, so they all know who I am, even if the news already carries great detail about me," I explain to Nikolai concerning the written introduction.

"You haven't even read through the card, Jemmah. You should," Nikolai says convincingly.

Sighing, I decide to read through it. "Send it to me as soon as we're done with this call."

I receive a notification as I lay my outfit on the bed. I am preparing to take my bath, but I have to read through this notification.

"As you all know, my name is Jemmah St James, your only CEO. I know it must have come as a surprise to most of you, if not all. Take it or leave it. I'll resume with everyone today, and I expect everyone to be on their best behavior. I am strict and meticulous, and all I am working through is perfection. I'll be sweeping through every department this month, so if you're reading this and you have been fumbling, I advise you to sit tight and take the reins as you should."

Your esteemed CEO,

Jemmah St James.

I laugh when I call Nikolai. "How the hell were you able to sound like me? This is perfect!"

There's a smile in his voice. "I know. After many years of working together, I already know a lot about you."

I shrug. He's right. Nikolai has been with me for quite a long time. "You're right, Niko."

"Where are you?" he asks.