Love Confessions & Parents- Lucius Unintentionally Bribes the Hufflepuff House

Draco could barely focus on the charms homework he was trying to complete. Harry had just announced to all of Slytherin that he loved him. He had looked fetching as he stood up to the other first years. He knew they were partially joking but it still hurt his feelings that his friends had expected him to fail in securing Harry's affection. He was suddenly glad he hadn't let them join his fan club. They wouldn't have taken the meetings seriously. Granger had turned out to be an invaluable member. In the two weeks since she had joined, she had helped plan their honeymoon. She had found a beautiful island they could rent and swim with dolphins! Harry had mentioned that he'd never been to the beach so Draco thought he would love it. Granger had also convinced the Longbottom boy to have his Grandmother send pictures of Harry's parents. They were now proudly hanging above his bed alongside a picture of Draco's parents. He knew his Father was still sending Harry cookies twice a week and Draco approved. Since getting to Hogwarts, Harry was steadily gaining weight. With the help of the potions he had bullied his godfather into making, Harry would be plump in no time. His Mother had written him a letter saying that she and Father would be stopping by this weekend because they had some news to tell them. Draco was curious as to what it could be. He honestly thought they might be lying just because they missed him but he missed them as well so he didn't voice his thoughts. Thank Merlin it was Friday. Classes had been going well but if one more Gryffindor told him off for "corrupting the Boy-Who-Lived" he was not going to be responsible for his actions. Harry was more than some weird title the Wizarding World gave him and Draco wouldn't let anyone try and use him. Glancing at the clock, he realized it was almost curfew.
"Harry, I'll walk you back. I don't want you to get detention so early in the year." His Housemates all said their goodbyes as he helped Harry gather his things and took his satchel. A good husband always carried his partner's bag. Draco was a little embarrassed but spoke up once they were in the corridor.
"Did you mean it?" Harry gave him a blank look.
"When you told everyone you loved me?" He stuttered over his words feeling his ears get hot. Harry stopped and grabbed both of his hands.
"Of course I meant it! I don't know how I survived so long without you." His face suddenly got pink before he blurted out "I don't know if the magical world has them but I'm convinced we're soulmates. I was gonna ask Hermione to look into it" Draco felt like he had been hit by a Quaffle. Harry thought they were soulmates. How romantic! He hated being the one to tell Harry that soulmates weren't actually real but the sound of someone gagging broke up their moment. He turned and saw his Uncle and Professor Lupin standing down the hall. His Uncle was using the wall to prop himself up as he pretended to throw up.
"Merlin I knew you two would be revolting but that was truly horrifying. I think I'm going to have nightmares" Professor Lupin laughed as he said "I thought it was cute, Severus!" He watched his Uncle glare at the other Professor before turning back to them.
"And what are you two doing out so close to curfew? Besides traumatizing your Professors." He added.
"I was just walking Harry back to his dorm and maybe you wouldn't have been so traumatized, if you hadn't been eavesdropping," Draco said, annoyed that someone had overheard their personal conversation.
"Well maybe if you had your conversation in a private setting, I wouldn't have been able to hear it"
"Well maybe-" before he could finish, someone started laughing. Draco turned to look at Harry and saw that his face was red from laughing so hard.
"I can't believe you two! Mr. Malfoy is going to love this!" Draco and his Uncle shared a look before he said "Harry, you can't tell Father! He won't let Uncle and I live it down. He still jokes that Uncle Sev is my real Father!" Draco couldn't keep the whiny tone out of his voice. Harry just laughed harder. He gave Draco a quick hug before disappearing into the Hufflepuffs entrance. Draco looked at his godfather and said "this is all your fault."

~~~~~~

Harry was happy it was the weekend. He could spend all day with Draco. Draco had told him that his parents were coming today and Harry tried to make himself look presentable. No matter what he did, his hair still stuck up in different directions. Maybe he should try growing it out. Mr. Malfoy had long hair and he looked so cool. But his Aunt wouldn't like it. Harry had barely thought about his relatives since coming to school. He knew they hadn't thought about him at all. He knew Draco had noticed his anxiety around adults but he didn't question him on it, which Harry was thankful for. Between his Aunt and Uncle, most people would assume Harry would be afraid of his Uncle. Sure, Uncle Vernon was large but he ignored Harry most of the time. No, it was his Aunt you had to watch out for. Petunia was a foul woman. He didn't know why she hated him so much but the second he was left on her doorstep, she never let him forget it. She would sometimes pretend to like him only to pull the rug out from underneath his feet. He remembered when he was really young, he had given her a Mother's Day card. He had worked so hard on it during school, only for her to make him watch her rip it up. So yes, Harry knew better than to provoke his Aunt on purpose, so he would keep his hair short. Pressing down his green and silver Slytherin sweater, he walked out of his dorm.
"Harry! How have you been?" Cedric shouted out. Cedric had helped Harry practice some jinxes and given him advice on when best to use them. He was playing chess with Tonks. The older girl had tried to help Ernie too but he still demanded a five foot space between the two of them.
"Wotcher Harry!" She said, her hair turning a bright pink color.
"Hi Tonks. Hi Cedric. I'm going to meet the Malfoy's." Harry had found out that Tonks and Draco were actually cousins. He had introduced the two of them and they got on like a house fire.
"Ooooo if Mr. Malfoy makes cookies, you'll share right Harry?" Justin called out. Everyone in Hufflepuff loved Mr. Malfoy's cookies. They were the best!
"Course I will!" Waving to everyone, he crawled out of the entrance. He was supposed to meet everyone in Mr. Snape's office. Humming to himself, he got there in no time. Knocking on the door, he was shocked when it was yanked open. Mr. Malfoy scooped him up and held him tight.
"Harry! I've missed you so much. How are classes? Are you eating enough? Is anyone being mean to you? Let Father know and I will crush them" Mr. Malfoy finally put him down and he saw Mr. Snape massaging his forehead.
"Merlin Lucius, leave the poor boy alone!" He hissed between his teeth. Draco was sitting next to Mrs. Malfoy, looking disoriented. He was wearing a yellow and black sweater in Hufflepuff colors. Harry assumed Mr. Malfoy had already given him an enthusiastic greeting as well.
"Harry darling, come say hello to Mummy." Harry stumbled over to her and kissed her cheek. He sat next to Draco and reached for his hand.
"Now darling, this is going to be rather hard to hear but brace yourself alright?" Mr. Malfoy was looking at Mr. Snape as he said it. Mr. Snape glared at him and motioned for him to get on with it.
"Sirius Black is innocent."
Draco quickly put his hands around Harry's ears in an attempt to block off the ranting of his godfather.

~~~~~~

Severus could not believe it! Cissy was freeing Black and letting Potter live with him? That traitor deserved to be kissed by a dementor. He opened his mouth but Potter spoke up.
"I don't have to go back to the Dursleys?" Who? Severus realized he didn't actually know who the boy lived with.
"No Harry, you won't have to go back to your Aunt and Uncle."
"Your what?" Snape shouted before he could stop himself. He watched Draco scowl at him but he ignored that.
"Did you say your Aunt, Potter? As in Petunia Evans?" Harry looked at him from underneath his fringe and said "her married name is Dursley, sir."
He couldn't stop his face from showing his horror that Lily's spiteful muggle sister had raised the boy.
Crouching down, he tried to make himself look non threatening.
"What did she do to you, Harry?" Everyone looked confused as he used the boy's first name but Harry's face had gone blank.
"I'm sure I don't know what you mean, sir."
"I actually grew up with your mother and your aunt. She was a loathsome child and I can't imagine she got any better as she grew up." He watched as Harry's hand tightened in Draco's before he said "I don't see how it's any of your business." He went to press the boy but saw Cissy shake her head. Taking a deep breath, he gently told him "if you ever want me to turn her into a frog, I'd be more than willing to." He watched Harry's face as he smiled slightly before looking back at the Malfoy's.
"So Sirius Black is innocent and Peter Pettigrew was the real traitor?" Severus couldn't believe that spineless coward had hatched such an elaborate plan. He was gonna find the little rat and make him regret betraying Lily.

~~~~~~

Draco did not appreciate his Uncle sticking his large nose in Harry's business. It was obvious that his relatives didn't treat him right but no one was allowed to force Harry to tell them anything! Draco knew Harry would open up when he was comfortable and he would wait patiently. He couldn't believe they were going to let Harry live with a criminal! It didn't matter to Draco that he was technically innocent, he still had spent a considerable amount of time in Azkaban. Before he let Harry leave with some stranger, Draco would be meeting Sirius Black and making sure he wasn't some weirdo.
"Harry, you are welcome to write to Sirius but only if you want to" his Mother was saying. Draco decided that he would write to him too. He would try to set up a meeting as well.
"Okay" Harry was saying "maybe I will."
"Now onto a more important topic, I brought cookies." His Father reached behind him and had two tins. He had been baking since Draco could remember. The last time his Mother had set foot in the kitchen, two house elves had fainted from the sight. He handed one to Draco and the other to Harry.
"My Housemates will be excited! Tonks says her mom can't bake so she never has cookies!" Draco watched his Mother freeze before she said "Tonks?" Draco knew his mother didn't speak to either one of her sisters but he liked his cousin! She was hilarious and she said she would keep an eye on Harry. Family looked out for each other.
"Nymphadora Tonks. She doesn't like it when you call her by her first name so she goes by her last name. She can change her appearance too. She's Ernie's buddy." Harry leaned closer and said "she is very clumsy." Draco had heard about Cousin Tonks almost breaking Macmillan's nose.
"I see." His Mother looked uncomfortable with the topic so he quickly changed it.
"Harry, did Granger tell you about the club meeting?" Harry nodded his head and said "she gave me a highlighted calendar with all of the upcoming meetings!" Draco would have to talk to Dobby about promoting Granger to Vice-President because the girl got things done. His parents shared a look before his Father questioned "club meetings? I thought Dobby was your only member, Draco?"
"I decided that Hermione Granger would be a good fit and she has exceeded my expectations." Draco was very pleased.
"I was thinking of inviting Longbottom as well. He seemed to have Harry's best interest but we will see"
"That sounds wonderful, Draco!" His Father said.
"Thank you, Father." He replied, his chest puffing out.
"Cedric said he'd be happy to help with the wedding preparations." Harry said as he leaned over. Draco frowned, thinking about pretty boy Diggory. He didn't like him but he was Harry's buddy.
"I suppose he could do some manual labor." His parents laughed at his words and the evening went by quickly.