65

They didn't see any of Jennifer or San's pictures from the party until Saturday morning. Friday afternoon had been a blur of getting Cookie Dough settled, and Minho and Jisung had fallen into bed, exhausted but happy.

Cookie was currently asleep, curled in a tiny ball in his bed next to Minho's bed. Jisung kept looking over at him and squealing, as if he couldn't quite believe Cookie was real. Minho himself found it almost hard to believe. Had Jisung really adopted a little kitten they'd found on the side of the road yesterday?

Minho's gaze moved from Cookie to Jisung, who was tucked into Minho's side, telling the group chat about Cookie. With the messages sent, Jisung closed Kakao and opened Instagram. 'Ready for the shit show?'

'I was born ready. But start with San.'

Jisung opened San's first picture, which was just of his and Wooyoung's feet with the words Leaving now. The next picture was of a large house. It was bigger than Chan's house, with a well-kept front garden and the windows glowing with neon lights.

'D'you reckon that's actually Jennifer's house?' Minho asked. Chan lived in a big house in an expensive neighbourhood, but it had never felt shoved in Minho's face. Jennifer's house, however, did. Maybe it was just because it was Jennifer, but it felt like she was rubbing her wealth in people's faces by having this party at her enormous fancy house.

'I mean, it's not like she's hired it. Can you even do that? Hire a house? Whose house would it even be if not hers?'

'One of her friend's?'

Jisung shook his head. 'I don't think so. I think she is just rich.'

The next several pictures were of the inside of the house, all the pictures coloured by the lights. The party seemed packed, people everywhere in San's pictures. Then there was a picture of San's face, his eyes wide as he looked off camera. I lost Woo, the words on San's forehead read. Then another photo of San's face with I've actually lost Woo, I can't find him anywhere. The next picture was of San's feet. Still can't find Woo but I found Changbin, he'd typed.

The next pictures were of San and Wooyoung, so Minho assumed San must have found Wooyoung eventually. The last picture was of San and Wooyoung in bed, Wooyoung asleep on San's shoulder, with the words We left the party early last night to fuck, LOL ;)

Minho grinned. San and Wooyoung had clearly had an interesting night. But he'd still expected some sort of argument between San and Jennifer. 'There wasn't any drama, then?'

'I'll ask,' Jisung said, already texting. A few moments later, San came back with a fairly long message, which Minho didn't read since he knew San had meant it for Jisung's eyes. And Jisung would tell him anyway. 'They didn't fight at the party, but apparently Jennifer saw San and Wooyoung making out at the party and had a go at San on Instagram.'

'Of course she did. Probably didn't want to cause a scene at her party.'

'Probably. San said it pissed him off because he went over to Jennifer's house a few days ago to help her put the lights up and decorate for the party. But anyway. We'll leave San to sleep. Time to see what Jennifer's sent!'

The first several were of Jennifer in a very short, very tight, light blue satin dress. She'd sent several photos of herself in this dress, posing from different angles. In one picture, Minho could see Jennifer's shoes, which were black, chunky platform heels he vaguely remembered were called Mary Janes.

The next pictures were of the inside of the house, all expensive-looking interior that Minho definitely wouldn't have parties in--but it was Jennifer's house and she could ruin it if she wanted to--and neon lights.