28

When they got to Jisung's flat, they could hear voices, talking and laughing. Minho recognised one of the voices as Jisung's mum, but the other was deep and unfamiliar.

Jisung's hands shook as he unlocked the door. 'Fucking--who is--fuck--' He pushed the door open, but didn't move.

Leaning against the kitchen counter with a glass in hand was a tall, stocky man. His face was kind enough, but his glare was piercing.

Jisung stepped back, and Minho grabbed his wrist. 'Who--who--is he...? I think--' Jisung muttered.

'Jisung, Minho, don't just stand there,' Jisung's mum chastised.

Jisung moved forward slowly, just enough that Minho could come in and shut the door. He knew Jisung wasn't comfortable, and he didn't know who the man was, but Minho doubted Jisung's mum would let just anyone into their flat.

'Jisung, Minho, this is Suhyeok.'

Suhyeok stopped glaring, his gaze softening. 'Hello. It's good to finally meet you.'

Finally meet you?

'This the man I've been seeing, Jisung,' Jisung's mum said, as if that explained everything.

Apparently it did to Jisung, because he sighed and dumped his bag on the floor.

'Do you want us to leave, then?' Jisung asked, taking his shoes off. Minho set them on the rack, placing his own shoes besides Jisung's.

'Would you mind? I can text you when you can come home.'

'Yep, fine,' Jisung replied tightly. 'We'll just change first.' Grabbing his bag, he headed to his room, shutting the door behind Minho.

'Ugh, I swear to God,' Jisung snapped.

'Who is he?' Minho asked, watching Jisung stalk around his room, throwing clothes onto the bed. 'And what does your mum mean, she's been "seeing" him?'

Jisung hung his blazer up, holding out his hand for Minho's. 'Remember how I told you she's been online dating? Yeah, he's some fucking Tinder date of hers. Apparently she's been seeing the same man for a few weeks, which is Suhyeok.'

'Every time she has a date,' Jisung continued, 'she makes me leave until he's gone. She normally has these dates after work, before I get in, but sometimes she does it when I'm around.'

Jisung let out a frustrated noise, yanking his uniform off. 'I just--like, I know she's lonely when I'm not around, and I know Dad leaving hurt her. But does she have to invite these men home? Couldn't they have dates at a restaurant or something?'

'I don't know,' Minho said. He didn't know what to say, because when his mum had started dating, she'd always met up with them in public places. Minho had only met Jisoo after almost a year.

Minho pulled Jisung into a hug. 'Hey, sweetheart,' he murmured. Jisung squeezed him tightly. 'Wanna go to mine?'

Jisung looked up at him. 'Yeah. I normally wander around or sit in your café.'

Minho couldn't help but smile. He liked the thought of Jisung associating a place with him so much, but he didn't like the idea of Jisung wondering around on his own at night. 'You know, we might as well just spend the weekend at mine.'

Jisung's eyes widened. 'Really?'

'Yeah. Want to? I can ring Jisoo, tell her we're coming. Or she could pick us up.'

'You can meet my cats,' Minho added. Last time Jisung had come to his the cats had been curled up in his parents' room.

'Okay. For the cats.'