66

'Jennifer texted me last night,' Jisung said, leaning into Minho as they walked. It was Monday morning, and the bell had just gone for break. 'She was like "See you tomorrow," but we literally go to different schools.'

Minho steered Jisung round a group of girls huddled in the hallway. 'She might mean she'll see you in English study.'

'Yeah, but I feel like she wasn't, because she posted a picture of her and a few girls, and in the caption she was going on about how she would miss seeing them every day. The entire comment section was just the girls she'd tagged talking about how lunch wouldn't be the same with her.'

'She posted that on Instagram? When?'

'Yesterday. And then a few minutes later she texted me.'

Minho pushed open the doors to the food hall, following Jisung through. 'Have you asked San? Didn't you say he's friends with Jennifer?'

Minho followed Jisung to their normal table, taking a seat at the end, Jisung sitting opposite Minho. Jisung frowned. 'I didn't think to ask San. I'll ask him now.' Jisung leaned to his left, raising his voice. 'San, do--'

'SANNIE!' a shrill voice squealed, cutting off Jisung.

Why was the voice so familiar?

Minho turned to see Jennifer hurrying towards their table. She wore their school's uniform, the blouse a bit too tight over her boobs and the top few buttons undone, her bow hanging loose around her neck. Her greasy hair was pulled into space buns, a Hello Kitty clip in each bun.

Minho groaned.

'Well, shit,' Jisung murmured, just loud enough for Minho to hear.

'Jennifer?' San spluttered. 'But--what are--'

Jennifer smiled, leaning on the end of table between Minho and Jisung. 'I told you I wanted to move to your school.'

'Yeah, but I didn't think you'd actually do it!' San exclaimed.

'Well, I have. And I'm gonna be the first girl in your friend group! Ah, that's so fanfic.'

Minho cringed. Did Jennifer really think she could just join the group like that?  He didn't think he'd ever be able to take a single thing Jennifer said seriously. He looked at Chan, raising his eyebrows. Chan rolled his eyes.

'So, introduce me to everyone!' Jennifer said. 'I know Jisungie, of course.' Jennifer giggled, leaning towards Jisung. Jisung recoiled, leaning away. Jennifer either didn't notice or chose not to. She blew him a kiss. 'Tell me who everyone else is!'

San very briefly introduced everyone. Jennifer seemed to bat her eyelids at nearly everyone, then pushed her hands together on the table so her boobs were pushed together. Minho was certain her blouse was going to rip, and really hoped it didn't. He didn't want a faceful of boob.

'Um, hi guys,' another familiar voice said, interrupting whatever Jennifer was going to say next. Except this familiar voice was welcome.

Minho looked up, grinning like a maniac when he saw Changbin standing behind Chan. How long had it been since he'd seen Changbin?

Changbin looked quite uncomfortable, his eyes flicking between people and coming to land on Jennifer. 'Um, hi.'

'Is Changbin coming back to the group, then?' Minho heard Jeongin whisper to Hyunjin.

'I think so. Jisung said Felix and Changbin talked it out,' Hyunjin whispered back.

Minho didn't know the ins and outs of Changbin returning to the group, but he was glad nonetheless. He'd been friends with Changbin for so long, and he didn't like the thought of ending his last year of school without Changbin.