Ch. 4 What Happened?

I start to wake up. I felt my body was standing, but heavy as lead. I had something in my hand that was long and narrow. I could feel the dust on my hands and face. Its taste lingering in my mouth.  My very magic seemed to be freezing me from the inside out. Something was flowing from my eye wholes, down my face. My sight was a blurry, but it was getting clearer. I could hear muffled voices.

  "no-r-lly hu-an-re yo-. Your not even Chara or Frisk either. You even got to the smiley trash bag under your thumb now. I don't know what you are, but it's definitely not human. Even more of a Demon, then Chara ever was. I know I can't stop you, so you might as well get it over with." I could hear Flowey saying full of defeat as my surroundings come into focus. We were in the throne room.

Everything was slowly coming to me. I remember I was talking to the Demon and a black soul coming toward me. I heard Chara whisper to me. They sounded so sad. I try to recall what else happened, as I hear the Demon speaking. "YoUr No FuN. WeLl I GuEsS We CaN FiNiSh-" I was stuck in the dark place. "-ThIs. Go AhEaD AnD FiNiSh-" I called for help, but nobody came."-HiM OfF NoW. We HaVe HuMaNs-" I refused to stay there. "-On ThE SuRfAcE To KiLl.-" Then I was filled with something different. "-CoMe On SaNsY. We DoN'T-" I can still feel its ice cold burning in my body and soul. "-HaVe AlL DaY-"  My mind start to haze, as I realize I'm filled with HATRED."- So HuRrY Up!" And, I know just who to turn it on.

  I tighten my grip on what I realize is a knife in my hand. Everything is covered in the red haze. My magic was going haywire. But with ease, born from years of practice, I shortcut behind the Demon. I proceed to lunge at them and stab them in the back over and over. I see their blood spilling out of their mouth and wounds as they give insane laughter while choking. I don't know what look is on their face, but I don't care. I just want them dead.

  I continue my actions over and over. Why won't they die? I can still hear choking laughter. It echos threw my skull. I feel myself breathing heavily. My arm is hurting from the exertion. I feel something grab my arm. I'm about to strike whatever was trying to keep me from killing the Demon, when I realized it's silent. I see Flowey looking at me full of sadness. He seemed larger than usual. I start to come down from what I realize was an LV spike. I drop the knife and crawl backward off the Demon. Flowey grabs hold of me in his vines. I can feel his immense magic rolling off of him. He must have already absorbed the souls. It was grounding.

  I realize what happened and proceed to cry. The sounds of my pain and anguish fills the castle. Liquid hatred mixes with my magic tears as they flow down my face. I cry for the loss of my brother. I cry for Toriel's pain. I cry for what will never be for Undyne and Alphys. I cry for Asgore  suffering. I cry for the friend I lost in Chara and Frisk. I cry for the death of everyone in the underground that I killed. I cry for myself. Flowey just holds me quietly as his own tears fall down his petals full of his sadness.

  When I have no more tears to shed. I slowly get up. The pain isn't gone, but I feel calmer. So I start thinking of what to do next. I had backup plans for my backup plans on what do in any worse case scenario. Including, if my world went Killertale. Because that's what happened. Absorbing their soul, the joint genocide, and the hatred tears. Oh God! I absorbed their soul! I turn to the side and throw up. It was as black as their soul. The thought made me start scratching at my chest.

  "Take it out! Take It Out! TaKe It OuT! MaKe It GeT OuT! MAKE IT LEAVE!" I start screaming.

   Flowey restrains me with his vines as I continue to panic. He keeps adding more and more vines to hold my arms as I try to rip through them to get at my soul. "You need to calm down Sans! Your hurting your self! Calm down!" He pleads to me, in anguish.

  I thought I had no more tears, but I start crying again over having It in my soul! "I WANT IT OUT! I DON'T CARE IF I DIE I JUST DON'T WANT THAT DEMON IN MY SOUL!" I'm screaming. Falling further and further into a panic. Then I feel a dark and calming presence.

  "I might be able to help with that," we hear a deep voice speak from the shadows.

  "Who's there?!?!" Flowey calls out, still struggling to keep me restrained. He thought that everyone had been dusted.

Flowey's POV

  "An ally and possible future employer." The voice answers, as they materializes out of the shadows.

  A tall skeletal figure covered in black ooze, not dissimilar to the hatred running down Sans' face, approaches. They have a single eye light glowing cyan, while the other is hidden by ooze. Six long, black appendages  seemed to flow from behind them, swaying. Their magic radiates negativity and danger to me, but seems to have lulled Sans to sleep. This being clearly didn't come from this universe. I pulls Sans closer.

  I don't know what they want, but if they can help us maybe they can get rid of the Demon. The being clearly wants something from us. I'm very familiar with making deal and bargaining. I had done it all the time with Sans and the others. This could be the change we were looking for to escape this eternal hell. Normally I wouldn't trust a total stranger, but we're a bit desperate. Gathering my BRAVERY I ask, "How can you help and what do you want for it?"

  "Straight and to the point I like that in a negotiation. Here's the deal. I'll take care of Sans' little parasite. In return you two will come work for me," the being told me.

  "What kind of work would that be?" I question.

  "That's a bit of a complicated answer. Do you know of the multiverse?" They ask.

  "Just what Sans explained about how there were a bunch of different alternate universes like this one, with different version of everyone. Also, if I saw another version of her or Papyrus to stay away and go tell her so she could handle it." I answer hesitantly.

  "Smart advice. So you two are already aware. That will make this explanation much simpler. In the multiverse there are sets of balances with entities to keep things running. Creation and Destruction. Order and Chaos. Life and Death. Good and Evil. And my own, Positivity and Negativity. I am the Negativity in my balance. It's how I found you two. Your whole Au is saturated in it. The two of you are practically beacons of negativity. Anyways, sometimes the balance tips too much one way. So, we have to maintain the balances to keep the multiverse stable. It's my job as a guardian to spread negativity until it's where it needs to be. Whether it's killing a few people, destruction of property, or just causing general chaos." They explain.

  "So, you want us to leave our hellscape to help you go around killing and messing with people around the multiverse. I'm in." I tell them with a wide smile creepy smile.

  "That's it, you believe me? Your not going to say that I'm trying to trick you,  lying, or whatever?" They questions suspiciously.

  "I don't know who you think your talking to, but I'm a dead child brought back to life  as a plant with liquid soul juice. Living in a world where a child and spirit go around messing with reality resetting the world over and over. As they make there way threw a lost underground civilization of magical monsters commiting genocide or befriending them to free them with the power of 7 human souls. There isn't a lot I believe isn't possible. Sans would tell us that in the world we live in, nothing is impossible. Plus, Chara and Frisk already explained that they were part of the balance of good and evil. So, it not really surprising that there are others. Either way, it sounds like fun." I told him.

  "Fair enough. So, do we have a deal?" The being asks as they holds their hand out.

  "It's a deal. I just have one more question. What's your name?" I ask as I take his hand.

"It's Nightmare."