Ch.26 Is It Love?

Slowly, everyone start to filter out of the medbay. With Error's wounds taken care of for the time being I decide to head to my room for a rest. Going from training to healing Error from the verge of dusting was exhausting. "I'll be back later to check on your wounds Error. I expect you do stay in bed. Reaper, think you can make sure that happens?" I say. Error groans in frustration.

  "No prob doc. The kids and I will make sure he stays in bed. You can count on us." Reaper tells me.

  "Ya, mom won't be leaving anytime soon if we can help it." Said the young skeleton who by process of elimination must be Paper Jam. I nod to them.

  I'm about to start heading out when I notice Dream coming up to me. He stops in front of me. He fidgets with his fingers, avoiding eye contact. I could tell he was feeling conflicted. I decide to take initiative. "Can I help you?" I ask. He clears his nonexistent throat.

  "Umm. I just wanted to talk to you a bit about how you are doing. When I first saw you, you ended up being taken by my brother. I just wanted to make sure you were doing ok." He says.

  "You mean you want to make sure I'm not being tortured and held against my will." I state straight to the point. Dream flinches.

  "Well, yes. I can see that you have been taken care of, despite the magic covering you right now. But, I don't want you to be forced to stay here if you don't want to." Dream explains. I look down at myself.

  "I forgot I was covered in Error's magic. It's going to be a pain getting it all out. I'll also have to take a shower before I get something to eat and take a nap in my room." I said. Dream looked at me confused.

  "I don't understand something. What your saying doesn't match your emotions. I actually can't feel any coming from you at all." Dream says. I raise a nonexistent brow.

  "That's none of your business. I'm with Nightmare. You may be his brother, but your also enemies despite our current alliance. I have no issues with you personally, but that doesn't mean we can be all buddy-buddy. Now, if you'll excuse me I need to get cleaned up." I tell him. I start to walk away, when he grabs me hand. My breath hitches as I feel a shift in my soul.

  I bring my other hand over my soul as I try to pull away. "Please wait! I just want to make sure your ok!" Dream says.

  I feel my hatred dripping down my face. I start to feel frustrated and panic at the emotion. "Let go of me! We don't even know eachother! I need to leave! NIGHTMARE!" I exclaim.

  "Dream let her go! Your making her upset! Wait, she's upset! Funk!" Nightmare says, quickly making his way over from where he was talking to Core and Fresh.

  Dream finally let's go, as I run over to Nightmare. I hold on to him and hide my face in his chest as I begin to cry. I knew I shouldn't be this upset, but I wasn't use to the influx of emotions after so long without them. Nightmare holds onto me as he glares at Dream. "What the Funk Dream?! Why are you bothering her!?" Nightmare growls at him. Everyone still here is now staring at us.

  "I just wanted to make sure they were ok! Last time I saw them you were kidnapping them after holding them hostage in your tendrils! I have the right to be concerned for them!" Dream says frustrated.

  "Aster uses she and her! And the only reason I did that, was so we could leave without having to fight all three of you! Anything else is none of your business! She's part of my family! I built a life outside of our battles that has nothing to do with you and your traitorous ways! This is why I didn't want you to come here! You always try take any scrap of happiness I build away from me!" Nightmare practically screams at him. His tendrils are swaying in agitation behind him.

  This was going to continue to escalate if someone didn't intervene. I let go of him and take Nightmare's face into my hands, turning his head down towards me. "Hey, it's ok Night. I'm not hurt and he can't do anything to me with you here. I'm not leaving with him, so you don't have to be so worried. I'm here for you, just like your here for all of us." I tell him as calmly as I can. I still have tears and liquid hatred flowing down my face.

  "But, he upset you. Then wouldn't let you go, making you cry. And with your condition it's dangerous for you to get worked up." Nightmare tells me frustrated, but calming down. I could feel his feelings of protection and the feeling he had earlier I can't quite identify.

  "I'll be fine with your help, no need to worry. I'm just a bit emotional right now." I tell him. Everyone is just staring at us in shock at what they were witnessing.

  "Brother, do you love her?" Dream asks very confused and conflicted about how to feel about the situation.

  Oooft-, the glare Nightmare sent Dream as he held me tighter to him. If looks could kill Dream would be dust. The air chilled at the rise in negativity. Dream had to take a step back at the pure anger and possessiveness that Nightmare was feeling. Nightmare's tendrils sharpened and prepared to take a stab at the positive guardian. Blue ended up quickly coming over to Dream from where he was standing with Dust to keep things from taking a turn for the worst. "Come on Dream, we should go. You can come over to my house so we can make some of my tacos. I'll see you later Dusty." Blue says, pulling Dreams arm. Blue glitches for a moment, as he opens a portal and leads the two of them through it.

  Everyone sigh in relief as the tension in the room releases. Core claps their hands together. "Well Fresh and I are going to head out Nightmare. Keep us updated." The greyed out Frisk says as they disappear. Fresh disappears right after.

  Dust teleports away to who knows where and Reaper, Palette, PJ, Gradient, and Error start up a discussion. "Well you want to head to your office so you can help me with my problem?" I ask Nightmare. The corrupted being looks down to me, but seemed deep in thought. Then seems to snap out of it.

  "Alright, hold on I'll teleport us there." Nightmare tells me.

  I realize I'm still holding his face and blush embarrassed. I quickly wrap my arms back around him. He smirks at me and we are surrounded by darkness. Before I can blink, we're in his office. I look around to see everything is the same as it was last time I was here. I let go and sit down in a seat. "Well since I got you here, I think we have a few things to discuss. Don't you think?" I say.