Ch.20 Time Flies

Time skip 2 months

  Things have been going pretty well since I got here. I'm officially in rotation for cooking meals and help Cinnamon in the garden every morning. I went through a battle test against Killer and Cross. That was fun. I beat them into next week. Sadly or luckily, depending on who you ask, I got to show off my healing skills on them afterwards. I may have to learn to hold back. Wine said I just proved I could keep them in line. Nightmare would check my soul state on occasion, but has been giving me weird looks while blushing. We still haven't talked about that date. I did say at a time and place of his choosing, so I'll let him take the next step. No need to rush things. I can't even feel love or attraction right now, so it would be purely platonic on my end for the time being. I'm still interested in getting to know the guy more, though.

  I went to Medictale with Nightmare for a psychological evaluation. Medic Sans ended up doing a physical and soul evaluation as well. I passed with flying colors on physical. Medic said I was quite fit and healthy for a skeleton. My soul check was a more ambiguous. They said I had a strong soul traits and magic levels. I would likely have some level of the hatred taint the rest of my life, but I would stop leaking it from my eyesockets after a while. It was my bodies way of expelling it. It would likely start up again when I was feeling strong negative emotions. Until it stopped, I would need to continue to have my soul state as is.

  Now my psych evaluation on the other hand.... was a mess. They couldn't really go by my current state, but by my history of behavior for most. After a bunch of different test, they said they wanted me to come back for more as well as regular therapy sessions. Nightmare was a bit irritated about me having to do more testing, but we agreed to it. I came back several times to do more and more testing. I also talked to their therapist about my past. After about six sessions of testing they gathered my results. They confirmed my Depression and Schizophrenia. They were quite confused about my state of function. They repeated what Nightmare had said as being the most sane insane patient they've ever evaluated. They were calling me a walking contradiction. Though, I've heard that one before. They wanted to get me on antipsychotics and antidepressants when my soul was stable. I agreed on the antidepressants, but kept quiet on the other.

  Wine and I have spent time together doing some knitting and sewing. I may have recruited my first member to the Papyrus Protection Squad or P.P.S. for short. Coffee and Cinnamon are both on the list of protected, with Sniper being a strong possibility. I'm thinking about getting Cross to join the squad next, at the anime marathon he invited me to. Horror and Roulette are on the list of invites. But I haven't really been here long enough for Horror to remember me. I'll wait until he can at least recognize my name and face first. Roulette has been busy doing supply runs and getting information, so I haven't spent much time around him. I've played videogames with Killer and Dust a few times. They were apparently the best gamers in the castle, so they ended up forcing me to join them when they heard I played. Killer almost rage quit at my luck with drops. Dust didn't care, as long as I shared the loot. I just worked on getting myself on those online leaderboards. I would giggle creepily as I slaughtered the opposition. Killer would join me. Dust would just shift away from us, in fear of our insanity rubbing off on him. I started wearing an galaxy pattern infinity scarf I made to cover up my soul, since it made me feel pretty vulnerable and awkward having it out for everyone to see. Killer was practically kicking himself on not doing that himself when he was the same way.

  Today had been going pretty typical. Wake up, get ready, make breakfast, eat with everyone, go garden for a while, clean up a bit, possibly help Wine, eat lunch, and figure out what else to do with my day. Right now, I was in the training room watching Dust and Horror in the arena. I had just finished running a few warm-up laps and excercises. I decided to see them in action. I know they've gone on a few missions since I arrived, but I've only seen Night, Killer, and Cross fight so far. I should ask someone to spar with me. Don't want to get out of practice and I still need to learn to restrain myself.

  Horror is swinging an axe as he attacks Dust. Dust sends a series of bone attacks at Horror as a distraction. Horror dodges to the side and continues his assault. Dust makes Horror's soul blue and send him back. Dust then summons a gaster blaster and shoots a beam at Horror. Horror shortcuts out of the way. Horror summons a few bone attacks and sends them at Dust. Dust summons a bone attack in his hand and shortcuts behind Horror. He hold the bone attack to Horror's back where his soul is located. "Looks like I win Horror." Dust says.

  "Look...above...you." Horror says. I look up to see that Horror had summoned a blaster set to fire at Dust above him. Dust unsummoned his bone.

  "Damn. It's another draw. You always pull something at the last minute. Good fight. " Dust tells Horror as both their Gaster blasters disperse.

  "Want...to...do...this...again?" Horror asks. Dust smiles.

  "Of course. I'll be sure to get you for a round another time. Next time, I'm going to win." Dust answers. Horror smirks.

  "Maybe." Horror says and walks away like a boss.

  I was about to leave as well, when Dust calls to me. "Hey! Where do you think your going? I'm just getting warmed up and need another sparing partner. I've only watched you fight once, and do a normal routine to keep in shape." Dust says.

  "Really? That'd be great. I was worried no one would want to spar with me after my fight. I've been hoping to find a partner." I tell him heading to the arena.