Ch.31 Songs of the Soul

The waiter brings us our food. "Well I guess we should eat." Nightmare says.

"Definitely. It looks great." I tell him.

We eat out food in comfortable silence, other than the stereo playing music in the background. I enjoy my ravioli. Nightmare passes me a breadstick which I thank him for. After a little bit we finish. The waiter comes and takes our dishes and leaves a desert menu. "So, how are you enjoying yourself so far?" Nightmare asks.

"It's been pretty nice. The place has nice atmosphere. I would enjoy coming here again. How about you? You enjoying yourself so far?" I ask him.

"It's gone better than I thought it would. I honestly thought you would get sick of me quickly." Nightmare admits.

"Well you don't have to worry about that. I'm already attached, so your stuck with me. You may decide that your sick of me, but it's already too late." I tell him giggling. Nightmare sighs, smiling.

"Can I have Aster to the stage?" Someone called over the speaker.

I look to Nightmare. "Order me the lava cake and a hot chocolate if they come while I'm gone." I tell Nightmare, standing up.

"No problem. Have fun." Nightmare says. I walk over to the stage.

I head up the side steps onto the stage. I walk over to the piano and sit down. I adjust the microphone and test out a few keys. Nightmare pulls out a phone and starts recording, as I begin to play.

___________________

Whatever It Takes
By
Kurt Hugo Schneider and Emma Heesters
(Original By Imagine Dragons)

Falling too fast to prepare for this.

Tripping in the world could be dangerous.

Everybody circling, it's vulturous.

Negative,

nepotist.

Everybody waiting for the fall of man.

Everybody praying for the end of times.

Everybody hoping they could be the one.

I was born to run,

I was born for this.

Whip, whip.

Run me like a racehorse.

Pull me like a ripcord.

Break me down and build me up.

I wanna be the slip, slip.

Word upon your lip, lip.

Letter that you rip, rip.

Break me down and build me up.

Whatever it takes.

'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins.

I do whatever it takes.

'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chains.

Whatever it takes.

I look to Nightmare and smile, before I look back to the piano.

Yeah, take me to the top I'm ready for,

whatever it takes.

'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins.