Ch.14 What are your Pronouns?

I start waking up to steps coming from across the room and shuffling. I must have fallen asleep. Cinnamon is such a great cuddle buddy. The skeleton is like a living heater. I wonder how long I've been out. I open my eyesockets and look around to a room full of skeletons. I see Wine on the couch with who I assume is there brother Coffee. Killer is on a bean bag next to me and Cinnamon by the couch. Nightmare is walking in with another skeleton who was on the shorter side. They were wearing an overly complicated looking black and white outfit. Probably Cross. The dusty skeleton, who I think is a Dusttale Sans, is sitting on the coach next to a large skeleton with a single bloated red eyelight wearing a beanie. They had on a cyan hoodie lined with fur over a white t-shirt. They wore black shorts with a white stripe down the side. To complete the look he had white socks and black sneakers. If I were to remove his beanie I was sure there would be a hole, because with his size and appearance he couldn't be anyone other than Horrortale Sans. Who was currently staring at me with a too wide smile. I stated back at them and gave a genuine smile. Killer smacked them in the leg. They turn to Killer and smile sheepishly.

  "Alright! Now that everyone, but those on mission, are here we can do introductions. Their situation wasn't ideal, so I hope you all can relate and make them feel at home. Sans have you come up with a nickname for the four of you, or do we need to come up with something." Nightmare asks.

  "Hold up four! I only see two," possibly Dust says.

  Just then I hear laughter. I look up to see Frisk and Chara being chased by a floating Papyrus skull with gloves and another ghost child. They seemed to be enjoying themselves.  "Chara! Frisk! Have you come up with your nicknames!" I call up to them.

  Horror, Cinnamon, and Coffee looked confused. Cross and Dust looked up, now understanding. Wine, Killer, and Nightmare already knew about them. My two child spirits stopped and came to me. "Ya, we decided on the flower ones you showed us instead of the star or god ones. We wanted to match with you and Flowey." Chara tells me. Frisk nods their head in agreement.

  "They said they picked there nicknames. So let me introduce us. My name is Aster. I identify as bi-gender. My pronouns are she/her. Nicknames are Sass Queen, Walking Contradiction, Aster flower, and Chocolate Master. Feel free to shorten my name to the beginning of it. I wear that title proudly." The room fills with chuckles. "Then the flower currently sleeping in my lap is Daffodil. Identifies as male. Pronouns he/him. Call him Dil for short. His nicknames are Buttercup and Sunshine. Feel free to make pickle puns in his vicinity. It's not a big dil." I get another round of laughter. "Then the two spirits that only four of you can see. There's the Frisk called Amaryllis. They're gender neutral. Pronouns them/them. Call them Ama for short. Nicknames are Sweets and Flirt Master. Then we have the Chara, now called Gladiolus. They identify as non-binary. Pronouns also they/them. Call them Lus for short. Nicknames are Little Heathen and The Stabby Looking One. The three kids will cause chaos, so don't be surprised if they are performing a seance or you can't find the spoons." Everyone not in the know looked at eachother questioning how bad it could be? They would come to regret not taking the warning seriously. "Now that that's out of the way why don't you all introduce yourselves. And please give gender and pronouns. I've been referring to you all as they/them in my head. I would appreciate using the correct ones. I don't want to assume." I tell them.

  "Alright I'll start. I'm Nightmare, as you know. I identify as male. Pronouns he/ him. I have a few nicknames, but you can simply call me Nightmare." He tells me. The others look surprised at him asking me to refer to him by his name.

  "Got it Nightmare. Though, don't be surprised if I shorten it to Night or Nights. I tend to do that for longer names." I say to him.

  "Fine." He agrees huffing. The others exchange looks and collectively agree on one thought. She already had him wrapped around her fingers.