Ch.11 Getting A Visit

3rd PoV

When Sans got up, with the help of the three children, started going through the underground. She looked through houses gathering gold and anything useful. She found all sorts of items, but some of her favorites were the fabrics and clothes from Muffet's boutique. There was a treasure trove there. And, all the gold hidden in the safe wasn't bad either. The greedy spider was probably one of the richest monsters besides Mettaton and the king. Speaking of Asgore, he had quite the collection of books in his library. That's where we are now. Sans had gone through them and grabbed what she wanted. Chara and Frisk were wandering the castle. Flowey was in the garden. Sans was currently sitting cross legged, reading a book about the history of magic focus craft.

______________________

1st PoV

I was just relaxing for a bit, reading a book. I had pretty much gone through most of the underground. I only had the dump to go through, but I didn't really have to do that. I would probably just find the usual stuff people threw away anyways. I hear quiet foot steps coming towards me. I look up to see Nightmare. He came later than I thought. It had already been two weeks. I close my book and place it in my inventory. I can see he looks nervous, as he tries to gather his words. I wait for him to speak.

"So... I'm sorry I hadn't come here sooner, but... um... I got busy. It's good to see your soul is still in the closed state, though it is still orange. I'll just have to take a closer look at it to make sure it's stable." He tells me. I nod my head and get up.

As I walk closer to him, he seems to get more nervous. I stand in front of him as he looks at my soul, avoiding to touch it. I lift my nonexistent brow. "Don't you have to touch it to check it properly. I read about these types of procedures, though they didn't give a lot of details. I do know you can't properly tell without being in physical contact." I stated.

"Yes, well, um, I'll do that now." He says sweating bullets.

He slowly brings his hands closer until they are hovering around it. He just kind of stands frozen, staring. " Oh for the love of the divine. Just do it already. It's awkward enough having my soul out without you just standing there, staring at it." I tell him.

That seems to snap him out of it. He takes it in his hands and starts to poke at it. After a particular one I gasp. He lets go as if burned and jumps. He turns around, lifts his hands in the air and walks away, mumbling, "Nope!" over and over.

"Oh, stop being a wuss. Get your scaredy butt back here and finish like a grown skeleton." I say following after him.

He turns around looking at me angry, his tendrils swaying agitatedly behind him."I'M NOT A WUSS! I'm Nightmare. King of Negativity! I ruin lives and kill! I lead a group of skeletons who spread negativity and chaos around the multiverse I'm not scared of anything!" He screams.

I cross my arms and give him a look of doubt. "Ya, right. I call bull. Your the one who avoided coming to see me for two weeks. I get your emotionally constipated, but it was important." I reprimand him. He sputters.

"Y-you can't dis-disrespect me like th-this! I'm yo-your boss!" He stutters embarrassed. Cyan blush dusts his face.

"Well someone needs to get you back into shape. And clearly, your other 'employees' aren't doing it." I state.

He looking angrier. Good. Now for the kicker. "Some evil villain, can't even do a medical treatment, because he's embarrassed. Boo, hoo. You need to build a bridge and get over it." I tell him.

"You know what, fine! I'll show you! Get your ass over here!" He yells.

"Finally!" I say as I walk over to him.

He grabs my soul and starts to check it. I gasp and hum at times with him flinching, but otherwise we go on uninterrupted. He puts it back when he's done. He looks at me.

"You got me angry on purpose, didn't you?" He asks me.

"Well of course. You weren't going to do it otherwise. I had to do something to get you to. And, you seem like the type of person who cares about their ego being damaged." I tell him truthfully.

"Well played. Well played. Don't do it again." He says seriously.

"No promises. As a minority I got to use all the weapons in my arsenal. The odds are already stacked against me. Plus, you need someone to keep you in line, because the others seem to be lacking the proper equipment to do so. And, I volunteer for the position." I tell him.

He looks at me funny. Then sighs and shakes his head in exasperation. "I'm going to regret recruiting you, aren't I?" He asks himself, looking to the ceiling as if could find all the answers to his problems.

"Oh, most definitely. I wasn't nicknamed the sass queen for nothing." I tell him. He sighs harder. I just smile at him. This was going to be fun.

Then he flinches. He straightens up. "Shit! What are they doing here! He must have felt my negativity! Fuck!" He exclaims.

"Who's here?" I ask.

"The opposition. Hurry and get the flower, he won't be able to sense you in your condition. Go get him and meet me back in the throne room. We need to leave. " He tells me.

"Alright. I'll get get him. I already took care of everything anyways. He should be in the garden. Chara. Frisk. Come on." I say as I send a message to the ghosts through our soul. I start heading to Flowey.

I make my way through the castle, meeting up with the two ghosts, until we reach the garden. I look around. "Flowey! Flowey, where are you?" I whisper yell as they float around.

He pops out of the ground in front of me. "I'm here. Why are we whispering?" He whispers to me.

"Nightmare's here, and he says we need to go. We got company." I tell him pulling out his pot.

"Alright, just be careful with my roots. You know how sensitive they are." He says.

I carefully dig the ground around him and lift him into the pot. I hold it firmly to my chest, in front of my soul. We make our way to the throne room, when we hear noise. We get there and are met by a surprising sight.