66. Invitation

'On a night like this you were brought into the world' Tyrion said, to danny and Neely as the girls looked over the balcony. The storm was raging outside lightning and thunder streaking the sky.

'I remember that day,' varys said

'I wish I could remember it... I always thought this would be a homecoming but this doesn't feel like home.' Danny told them moving away from the balcony.

'Oh I remember it perfectly, you came out screaming or maybe I pushed you out, then came my arm and then everyone was screaming,' Neely mused 'and they got the perfect little girl.' Danny rolled her eyes back to the table.

'We won't stay for long' Tyrion told her. She looked at the board the game pieces three Lions stood tall.

'That's not so many lions.' Danny said.

'We have a little lion.' Neely remarked. 'the rest will fall easily.'

'They control over half of the seven kingdoms'

'But everyone despises her,' varys said 'but even before your arrival they plotted against her and now-'

'And now they cry out for their new queen?' danny asked moving closer to varys 'they drink secret toast to my health? people used to tell my brother that sort of thing and he was stupid enough to believe them' Danny told them picking up the dragon piece on the board.

'If our cunt of a brother had three dragons and an army at his back he would've invaded Kings Landing already.' Neely told them.

"I know conquering would be easy for you.' Tyrion told her 'but you're not here to be queen of the ashes,' Tyrion reminded her.

"see this is why we have Tyrion, he is a voice of reason to the madness swirling in my head.' Neely offered.

'Yes, he is good at that.' danny agreed.

'We can take the seven kingdoms without turning into a slaughterhouse if the houses support your claim against cersei we have won. we have power from the south.'

'I never properly thanked you for that' danny said, Tyrion watched her from across the table, smiling as her fingers traced along the map, picking up and putting down the pieces.

'They joined our side because they believe in you' varys told her.

'You started supporting my father and then you supported the man who overthrew him...' Danny said looking back over the map 'you didnt serve any of them long...' she reminded.

'Robert was an improvement on your father' varys admitted.

'Say it like you mean it, Varys, we still haven't decided if you are a snack for Nevar yet.' Neely reminded.

'If i may-' Tyrion began but danny wasn't done.

'Before i arrived you favored my brother... did your spies tell you about me? tell you that I'm stupid and weak?' Danny asked varys incredulously 'were those qualities of a good king?'

'I didnt know of your existence and when i did i only heard of your beauty'. Varys told her as danny stepped closer and closer, each step threatening.

'Did you give the order to kill me and my sister?' danny questioned now face to face with varys.

'King robert' he answered

'Who hired the assassins?'

'I did what had to be done.' Varys told her confidently.

'You did what you did to protect yourself!' danny corrected.

'Lord varys has been-' Tyrion tried again