53. Rhaegar

'Everyone looks happy enough from up here,' Danny noted and Barristan chuckled 'what?'

'I was just thinking about all the times your brother made me go down to the red keep into the streets of kings landing.' He replied.

'why?'

'He liked to walk among the people he like to sing to them.'

'He sang to them?' Neely questioned 'I would've liked to hear that vis had a terrible voice singing or not.' she added

'Rhaegar would pick a spot in the streets and he would sing.' Barristan told them happily.

'And what did you do?' Danny questioned.

'I made sure no one killed him. Then he would collect the money he liked to see how much he could make.'

'He was good?'

'Oh he was very good,' Barristan told them and it made Neely smile.

'Visarys never told me Rhaegar was good at anything but killing people.' Danny remarked

'Rhaegar never liked killing he loved singing.' Barristan corrected.

'And what did he do with the money?'

'One time he gave it to the mission down the street one time he gave it to an orphanage in flea bottom one time we got horribly drunk,' and the twins laughed as Daario came in. There was so much they didn't know about their family having only been babies when they were stolen away.

'Your grace Hizdahr is here waiting in your audience,' Dario told them

'Barf,' Neely said 'can we get rid of him he's not useful.'

'How many others are there?' Danny questioned ignoring Neely's illogical request.

'50 maybe 100.'

'Will you be coming sir Barristan?' Danny questioned

'I think I can protect you from hizdahr,' daario told her

'I think i can protect me from hizdahr,' Danny told him 'alone. Go ser Barristan sing a song for me.'

'Your Grace,' he said walking off.

"I want more stories of my brother when you get back!" Neely called after him.

++

'All men must die but not all can die in glory.' Hizdarh said

'glory?'

'Why else do men fight? why did your ancestors cross the narrow Sea and conquer seven kingdoms? So their names would live on. Those who find victory in the fighting pits will never become kings but their names will live on, it is the best chance they have.'

'Is that what you used to tell men before you sent them to butchering each other for sport?' Neely asked stubbornly.

'Your Grace and your Grace,' Hizdahr said looking to Danny, there was no winning Neely over. 'today is the traditional start of the fighting season.'

'I do not recognize this tradition.' Danny told him.

'Traditions are the only thing that will hold the city, your city together,' he told them 'without them former slaves and former masters have nothing in common. Nothing but centuries of mistrust and resentment I can't promise this is the answer to all of our problems but it's a start.'

Meanwhile second son soldiers were being murdered in the streets by the sons of the harpy screams erupted and the unsullied soldiers came marching in.

'Sons of the harpy!' a woman told them pointing off as she held the dead soldier in her arms wiping away the tears a mischievous look across her face. Soon the small pack of unsullied were surrounded by sons of harpy.

One by one unsullied soldiers fell and soon the bells were ringing to alert people of war. ser Barristan was in the streets when he heard it he drew his sword following the screams. Grey was stabbed in the side but he kept going for unsullied soldiers did not know pain he pulled the blade free taking down songs of the harpy as he went. They circled him the rest of his men lay dead before him. Grey stabbed and he sliced the mercilessly when Sir Barristan came wielding his blade at them they attacked him as well. In his dying breath ser Barristan took down a few more but before his throat was split Grey came slicing down the harpy. Grey lay in pain as well.