𝐑𝐌𝐖| 𝟐𝟗

RIGHT MY WRONGS

RIGHT MY WRONGS

LOS ANGELS, CALIFORNIA ˚
ᴍᴏɴᴅᴀʏ , ᴍᴀʏ 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑
𝟷:𝟶𝟸 ᴘᴍ

chapter twentynine. % ␆
☄︎. *. ⋆
⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭🦔

      RICKY STOOD IN LINE WITH MALAYA who was finishing off the last of her water. "This is so wrong, it's too hot to be standing out here."

"You could always go sit in the shade, who's gonna stop you?" Ricky asked trying to pull his hat down even lower, the sun was beating down right in his eyes as they stood out on the schools football field for graduation practice.

"Ricky, what shade?" She looked at him, nothing ever irritated Malaya but the heat was getting to her and it didn't help that she had began wearing baggy clothes to conceal the fact that she was pregnant. She was nearing five months and she felt miserable, nothing could've prepared her for what her body was going through right now.

He shrugged, "Just go back into the building and get off your feet. I'll tell Ms. Mendoza you didn't feel well."

"I'm supposed to practice the stupid national anthem today, I can't just go." She crossed her arms and looked down at her feet.

"What's there to practice? Malaya, just go back inside." He insisted, not wanting her to get too sick in the heat. It was nearing 90 degrees and she was in all black clothes with a shirt two times her size.

"Stop trying to tell me what to do," She watched as a few of the students and staff members set up the practice stage they were about to walk across.

Kori walked up behind the couple, "Here." She was passing out cards with everyones names on them, she had just gotten them from a teacher who needed help passing them out. "Malaya, they need you at the front since you're singing the national anthem."

She nodded, picking up her backpack and walking to the front of the very long line without saying anything else to Ricky. "You guys okay?" Kori asked Ricky as Malaya walked away.

He nodded, looking down at his name on the card, "You got a pen?"

Kori handed him the marker in her back pocket before walking away to hand out the rest of the cards. Kh'ari found Ricky in line a few minutes later, "Ricky. Let me see your card." He smiled, wanting to see if they put his full name on it.

"For what?" He laughed, not taking it from his pocket.

"You know why." He motioned for Ricky to hand it over and he did. Kh'ari laughed when he saw that Ricky blacked out his first name and wrote in his nickname under it.

"Mendoza said she's not doing nicknames, you know?" Kh'ari handed him back the paper card.

Ricky shrugged, "They being too federal for me, Ricky's my name."