𝐑𝐌𝐖| 𝟐𝟏

RIGHT MY WRONGS

RIGHT MY WRONGS

LOS ANGELS, CALIFORNIA ˚
Tᴜᴇsᴅᴀʏ , Aᴘʀɪʟ 2ɴᴅ
𝟻:𝟸𝟹 ᴘᴍ

chapter twentyone . % ␆
☄︎. *. ⋆
⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭🦔

THE RODRIGUEZ FAMILY SAT IN THE living room together, waiting for a phone call from Ricky's doctor. They had went in a few days ago and everyone except for the parents, Elias, and Malaya had their blood drawn to see if any of them could donate a kidney to Ricky. They were supposed to get the test results today and the office closed at 6 so the call had to be coming at any second now.

Ricky had come home a few days ago but he stayed up in his room, he hadn't come out since the day he had been back. He just wasn't up to socialize with everyone.

Jadon was bouncing Elias on his knee, the baby was giggling, he would've killed to be this innocent and carefree again. Ximena was chewing on her nails, "You sure they ain't called yet, ma?"

Nayeli cut her eyes at Ximena, "My phone is in my hand, I'm sure."

She nodded, "My bad."

A few moments later her phone buzzed in her hand and Nayeli answered quickly, pressing the phone to her ear. "Hello?" Everyone had their eyes on her as she nodded. "Yeah." She spoke softly. "Right, I understand."

Anthony crossed his arms and leaned back while Daniele began to nervously braid her hair as Nayeli sighed, moving her hair out of her face. Jadon shook his head and stood up, walking to the kitchen with the baby still in his arms. "Thank you doctor, I'll let everyone know."

When she ended the call she tossed her phone onto the wooden coffee table, "I'm sorry guys. They couldn't find a match."

The mood in the room darkened even more, those were words nobody wanted to hear. "How is that even possible?" Daniele asked. "Is he adopted or something? Nobody in this room is a match?"

"The only person in here that's a match is Ximena." She then said. "But because she has type i, she's not eligible."

Ximena dropped her face in her hands, "Then why did they even test me and get my hopes up?"

"They tried to tell you, X. And you just insisted on having blood drawn." Carlos ran a hand over his face before Nayeli continued.

"His blood type is rare but not impossible to find. They're putting him at the top of the donors list and as soon as a kidney becomes available, we'll be the first ones to know."

Anthony finally cleared his throat to speak, "Some of Ricky's friends are offering to get blood drawn...if somebody is a match from school can they donate?"

Nayeli nodded, "Of course. With their parents permission, of course. It's a really big thing to offer a kidney to someone."

"Who exactly is asking?" Carlos asked.